Post by modifier »

Tom

Re: MCG 1/18 ALFA ROMEO Giulia Nuova super mod

Post by Tom »

Impressive, looks great!

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

Lovely work! And MCG provides a sturdy base not costing a fortune for such a project. Thanks for sharing this beauty 8-)
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

modifier

Post by modifier »

Thanks
I think the price of the model is high considering without any opening parts and steering front wheels
Solido has the same quality with opening doors and steering front wheels with half the price, but at the end this one much easier to work with

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

modifier wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:11 pm
Thanks
I think the price of the model is high considering without any opening parts and steering front wheels
Solido has the same quality with opening doors and steering front wheels with half the price, but at the end this one much easier to work with
We all have different points of pride I guess? I actually consider a sealed model more desirable than one that has often times ill-fitting opening parts. The few MCG's I have have cost no more than $45 USD shipped, which I consider exceptional value when people pay the same or more for a 1:43 Maxichamps or similar. Either way, you've done excellent work 8-)

modifier

Post by modifier »

GarageOnAWall wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 pm
modifier wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:11 pm
Thanks
We all have different points of pride I guess? I actually consider a sealed model more desirable than one that has often times ill-fitting opening parts. The few MCG's I have have cost no more than $45 USD shipped, which I consider exceptional value when people pay the same or more for a 1:43 Maxichamps or similar. Either way, you've done excellent work 8-)
it cost me $104.00 with shipping from Germany, I would really like to know where do you get them in such a low price
Thanks

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

Mine were bought back in 2017 to 2018 from C-K Modelcars in Germany and American-Excellence in the USA. C-K at times runs some generous sales and then deducts VAT while American-Excellence also had incredible sales for a time. C-K now only ships to the US with much higher shipping rates and American-Excellence seems to have just about closed shop...

modifier

Post by modifier »

I know American-Excellence was a good place to buy them too bad they are out of business, I had lot of models from them as well with really good price

Thanks

Jager

Post by Jager »

Congratulations, that turned out great. The blue is an unusual choice for an Alfa, but I think it really compliments the car.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

modifier

Post by modifier »

Thanks
I personally prefer red on Alfa, after a week after I bought this one the red one came out, I will do a red one as well and sell the blue one

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

Jager wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:18 am
Congratulations, that turned out great. The blue is an unusual choice for an Alfa, but I think it really compliments the car.
I agree, it gives it a real sense of purpose and individuality.
Jeff