HPI 8908 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO Z-Tune (R34) (Z-Tune Silver)

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 am

Nismo originally designed the concept of the Z-Tune in 2002 when Nissan was putting an end to the R34 Skyline production. The first Z-Tune was built in 2003, using a used 2002 Skyline GT-R V·Spec II, with a concept RB26DETT 'Z1' engine. This engine was based on Nissan's Le Mans GT2 and GT500 racing experiences. With the new displacement of 2.8L and upgraded turbo-chargers the 'Z1' produced 500 hp.

Nismo was then given the approval from Nissan to build Z-Tune models for the Nismo anniversary. Nismo purchased 18 used R34 GT-R V-Spec cars, each with less than 18,000 miles on the clock. They were completely stripped and resprayed to "Z-Tune Silver," a special color exclusively for the Z-Tune, with the exception of one car was that was left in its original color of Midnight Purple III. For each of the 18 production models, the turbocharged 2.8L engine was revised to allow it to reach 8000 rpm. The bodywork was designed with the same functional components used in Nismo's Super GT GT500 racing cars, such as engine bay vents on the bonnet and bumpers, as well as wider arches for wider wheels. The handling was also improved with an aggressive suspension setup from Sachs, and a specially designed Brembo brake system.

The entire car was essentially handmade, with the car being completely stripped and re-built from the chassis up. Engineers reinforced and stiffened the chassis seam welding in key areas such as the door seams and door frames and added carbon fibre to the strut towers and transmission tunnel and the engine bay, completely redesigning the suspension, drivetrain, engine, gearbox and other components. For the full list of modifications see NISMO's Z-tune site.

Although Nismo planned on building 20 cars, they ceased production after 19 (including the 2 prototypes). The Z-Tune is often regarded as the most expensive street legal GT-R ever built.

Image Image

Image Image

2005 Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo Z-Tune (R34) - specifications, photo, price, information, rating (photo)
Nissan Skyline GT-R - Wikipedia

LUW

Re: HPI 8908 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO Z-Tune (R34) (Z-Tune Silver)

Post by LUW » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:46 am

Oh boy... :shock:
That is very high on my list.
VERY high :?.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

sheepCrusher

Post by sheepCrusher » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:10 pm

I have this and these pics still make me moist.
The dog wet on the picnic basket!

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:25 am

LUW wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:46 am
Oh boy... :shock:
That is very high on my list.
VERY high :?.
I think you will need to keep an eye on Yahoo! Japan auctions if you want to cross this one off your wish list.

sheepCrusher wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:10 pm
I have this and these pics still make me moist.
It's a sweet model. Great presence and execution on this one.