Solido Rally Cars?

GarageOnAWall

Solido Rally Cars?

Post by GarageOnAWall » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Of course, this question in an 1:18 thread!

Anyone have hands on the latest Solido Rally cars? I think they look great in photos for only $40 each! Might be a nice bit of eye candy and rally history from a magical era for no more than a Maxichamps? Would love to know impressions for anyone who has these or similar?

You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

Galaxy Gaz

Re: Solido Rally Cars?

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:57 pm

I have owned a few Solido rally cars in the past and have to say they were pretty well done .
Heres a few pics of the 205 T16 I had so you can see the sort of quality they have.

:flag_gb: Gary

Porsche.....For when you cant say "I`m better than you" in person

Galaxy Gaz

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:00 pm

And a Xsara I had too

Galaxy Gaz

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:08 pm

These are 10 years old now and they were great vfm back then.....im sure the new ones are better.

Solido Pajero

LUW

Post by LUW » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:07 pm

I had the Xsara and 205, and I quite liked them. Maybe a little better detail-wise then a Maisto of the day, and for the money were very nice.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Thank you both, Gary and Luc!

All the pics look very nice for this price point and I'm thinking the latest releases may even be a little more polished?

I'm usually pretty turned off by cars with openings but the gaps on these pics looks incredibly well scaled! If anyone noticed, I think most or all of their NEW releases are sealed :shock:

I've never considered myself much of a numbered cars fan but in doing inventory I was shocked to see that about 8% of my collection are numbered cars! My favs of the bunch always seem to be classic rally cars ;)

Will probably add a few Solidos soon! BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 am

Little Bolide has some listed with a lot of high-res photos of the models. Be aware that they show only the R5 Turbo with opening doors, the others appear to be sealed. I see a pattern with the French rallies. ;)

Subaru Impreza 555 1995 Monte Carlo
Renault R5 Turbo 1984 Tour de Corse
Lancia Delta Integrale 16V 1991 Tour de Corse
Alpine A110 1800S 1973 Tour de Corse
Fiat 131 Abarth 1979 Tour de Corse
Lancia Stratos HF 1979 Monte Carlo

I used to have more than a few Solido 1:18 Dakar models but they have all been sold (including the Pajero that Gary posted above). I have to agree with Gary that they were great VFM at the time. Here's some more pics of the older Solido models:

The Maltings

Post by The Maltings » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:37 am

Solido is now owned by the Otto models concern however dont expect Otto quality at the price point!

The 1/18th Solidos are now more to do with the Altaya/Eaglemoss family as this is where the moulds are being sourced from and believe the Solido models are now being made in the same Bangladesh factories. Its is getting hard to differentiate a number of ranges as Ixo of course are going down the 1/18th route as well and there is the Triple 9 range. All these look very similar and are in the £40 to £65 retail price point range some are diecast some resin and most are sealed.

Have seen a couple of the recent Solido releases and the decal/tampo and general finish is a little patchy however if price is your prime motivator then they are generally good value.

Norev still seem a little better finished