Two in the air . . . Well, one anyhow.

Planes, Trains, Military and whatever else
David H

Two in the air . . . Well, one anyhow.

Post by David H »

IMG_7084.JPG
Two metal toys from the 1930's. One in flight from Tootsietoy. The other is different! Each is about 5 inches long and all original.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David H

The Hindenburg zeppelin disaster

Post by David H »

burning-with-mast-1024x768.jpg
Associated Press
The Hindenburg disaster 1937
This photo provided by the Philadelphia Public Ledger, taken at almost the split second that the Hindenburg exploded, shows the 804-foot German zeppelin just before the second and third explosions sent the ship crashing to the earth over the Lakehurst Naval Air Station in Lakehurst, N.J., on May 6, 1937. The roaring flames silhouette two men, at right atop the mooring mast, dangerously close to the explosions. (AP Photo/Philadelphia Public Ledger)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom

Re: Two in the air . . . Well, one anyhow.

Post by Tom »

Airships have always interested me, I really like those models.

David H

Post by David H »

Just dimestore toys of the 30's, Tom. Both are made of cast iron. But when one has "ZEP" on the side, it's kind of evident what it's modeling. And the one on the string? I can just see that one stretched from one side of the bedroom to the other. It rolls easily, and I've been told its "rollers" are the same wheels that Tootietoy used on its fine cars (roughly 1/50) of the mid-30's.

I like these old toys.
IMG_7400.JPG
IMG_7399.JPG

Tom

Post by Tom »

That is some collection of Tootsietoys! :o

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

I have some Tootsietoys from the 60's. A funny thing happened when I started dating my wife, we were over at her folks house and the entire family was there, my nephew pulled out a box of cars to play with, turns out they were my wife's and her sister growing up. They were some of the same ones I had.
Jeff

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac »

Tom wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:43 am
Airships have always interested me, I really like those models.
Me too. Here's how I've got my Hindenburg displayed, teamed decidedly not to scale with a Fiat Multipla

Tom

Post by Tom »

That Multipla is pretty great too.