FOR SALE

S143 marketplace and member listings.
David MG

FOR SALE

Post by David MG » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:10 am

Hi guys, I double ordered on this Daimler DK400 Stardust Lady Docker by Matrix.
It goes to the first buyer @ £57-67 plus P&P (the price I paid). It is unopened and sealed.

Cheers,
David

GarageOnAWall

Re: FOR SALE

Post by GarageOnAWall » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:36 am

Where's Julio?
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:01 pm

Polishing the paint off his new car.
Lars

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 pm

rotormotor wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:01 pm
Possible scenario Lars...I saw this beast in person, going to be awhile if that's really what he's up to :lol: I think's there less metal in an entire gen 1 RX-7 than their is in the front/rear bumpers on this car :P
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:46 pm

David MG wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:10 am
Hi guys, I double ordered on this Daimler DK400 Stardust Lady Docker by Matrix.
It goes to the first buyer @ £57-67 plus P&P (the price I paid). It is unopened and sealed.

Is it still available? PM me please, if so. :o
-Julio-

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm

GarageOnAWall wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 pm
rotormotor wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:01 pm
Possible scenario Lars...I saw this beast in person, going to be awhile if that's really what he's up to :lol: I think's there less metal in an entire gen 1 RX-7 than their is in the front/rear bumpers on this car :P
I’ve just read this... :lol:

I haven’t polished or waxed the Imperial. But, washing it was excruciating enough to know that I will hardly ever polidh or wax it myself... :?
-Julio-

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 am

Pay a bloke to do it to protect your investment :lol:
Lars

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 am

Do you have a garage to keep it in? My cars have always been kept outside but washed frequently (every two to three weeks) and polished a couple of times a year - just ahead of Winter and then again in Springtime. The interiors get an occasional vacuuming and windows a thorough clean.

Our south east UK climate is obviously less harsh with less sunshine and temperatures less extreme than your probably hot most of the time Mid Mexico location.

Consequently there is no rust to be found on my cars and they always pass our MoT (annual inspection). Annual servicing and check of tyre conditions has given me reliable motoring and a reasonable return when I have eventually sold my earlier cars.

Currently with manufacture dates of 2001 second hand with known history, 2003 also s/h with known history and 2005 bought new the three cars have been good buys. None can be considered 'classic' by any stretch of the imagination but my 2005 gets kind comments when it's gleaming!

Apols to David - back to topic.....

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:41 pm

rotormotor wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:17 am
Pay a bloke to do it to protect your investment :lol:
I’ve washed it only once, because it was its first time. But believe me, I’m paying someone to do that the next time it needs it! 8-)

GBOAC002 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 am
Do you have a garage to keep it in? My cars have always been kept outside but washed frequently (every two to three weeks) and polished a couple of times a year - just ahead of Winter and then again in Springtime. The interiors get an occasional vacuuming and windows a thorough clean.

Our south east UK climate is obviously less harsh with less sunshine and temperatures less extreme than your probably hot most of the time Mid Mexico location.

Consequently there is no rust to be found on my cars and they always pass our MoT (annual inspection). Annual servicing and check of tyre conditions has given me reliable motoring and a reasonable return when I have eventually sold my earlier cars.

Currently with manufacture dates of 2001 second hand with known history, 2003 also s/h with known history and 2005 bought new the three cars have been good buys. None can be considered 'classic' by any stretch of the imagination but my 2005 gets kind comments when it's gleaming!

Apols to David - back to topic.....
Right now, the car is kept at the large, covered garage of a friend of mine, because the Imperial doesn’t fit in my own garage (yet)...

As for the weather conditions around here, Guadalajara has a wonderful mild climate that gets a bit hot only during May and June, and that’s it. But the Sun hits hard, so it’s necessary to keep the car’s interior covered from the Sun. I’ve already unpacked, and have started using, the large dashboard flexible cover that I used on the one of my previous Imperials!

Sorry for the off topic answers, David! Will PM you now... ;)
-Julio-