Im Tapping Out... It's All For Sale!

S143 marketplace and member listings.
69Stang

Im Tapping Out... It's All For Sale!

Post by 69Stang » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Hello to all... it's been such a long time since I was last active and as with most people, a lot of life has happened in the past several years. The result of health issues (some for me, more so for my wife), the rising cost of the hobby in 1:43 since my last involvement and the need to fund other cash consuming activities (I am back on the road playing music two weekends a month and am a bad gear head) means that it's time to close this hobby chapter.

I have not purchased a 1:43 car in many years and while I have been happy keeping what I have left (you might remember I had a mass sell off many years ago to refocus the collection more to my specific interest) and honestly, I just dont have the heart to pick it back up again. I am slowly re-entering the 1:64 scale (which I had originally come from) and intend to start posting my racing replicas in our small scale threads, but it's time for 1:43 scale cars to find new homes. I am planning on keeping my Greenwood Corvette collection for now but eve that may one day be for sale as well.

I am going to start the process with these very simple 4 photos. My cases are mirror backed so I tried to hold up a white cardboard to make the cars easier to see but it was not that successful! I have the orgional cases for almost every car and they will be returned to the case for the sale and shipping. I have a few nice rare cars and several good fillers but nothing earth shaking. So look over the following photos and let me know if anything catches your attention. I will then let you know that I have the case, price and provide good close up photos.

Everything will be $25.00, $50.00, $75.00 and $100.00 each with $5.00 per car for insured USPS postage FREE DELIVERY for any one purchase totaling over $100! Outside the continental U.S. will be the same prices but actual shipping. I will slowly start taking the cars out of the displays and packing them up in their orgional cases and taking the photos where they will then head to Ebay. This is my only "sneak preview" so if your interested yell and I will shoot you all the info.

Thanks for the look,
Ward

My Sebring Cars....

My Daytona 24 Cars....

My Can AM Cars...

My Can AM Balance, ESM and Trans Am Cars....

My Two Custom Packaged Boxes...

Last edited by 69Stang on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Racecar spelled backwards is STILL Racecar!

JSB33
Site Admin

Re: Im Tapping Out... It's All For Sale!

Post by JSB33 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am

Ward, great to hear from you again, I was just thinking of you last week.
Sorry to hear of the health issues, getting older sucks.

Also sad to see you getting out but I fully understand it. One I retire I will be selling off a bunch to but that is down the road a bit.

As far as you sale I salute your great taste, we have so many of the same cars.
I do wonder if I could trouble you to show a better picture of the 3rd car on the top row of the Cam Am case. The one between the #52 and #8 Lolas. And the white/blue #? in row 6.
Jeff
ImageImage

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Afternoon Jeff.... yep, I have always heard that life is what happens when you busy making plans! I just bought 4 1:64 Spark 911/991 RSR releases this week so i'm still in the game, the 1:43 scale just out paced me price wise in my absence. Also, I will be returning the 1st release club car to you as well, it's only fair that it should find a new home with another 1:43 collector.

As for the two cars you asked about... they are just the BEST releases of Tony Dean's Porsche 908/2 that he entered in the Can AM. The #68 is the 1972 Watkins car while the #8 is the 1969 Riverside car. The same chassis of course that won at Atlanta! $50.00 for the pair if your interest and skip the shipping as I own you a box with the club car anyway.

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Also guys, I am pulling out all the cars you are asking about and photographing each one and going ahead and returning them to their orgional boxes for resale. I am letting any request from the board drive that process first, though eventually I will have to do them all anyway, so I am sending a PM to the orgional inquiry person and then I will post here in my sell thread as well.

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Thank you to all the request for pics and pricing. I have sent all the information via PM and will give you a week to see if you want any thing (unless a new buyer just buys them out right). I will post the unsold pics (I think 30 cars so far) into the thread next weekend.

And to answer the question of what would I sell the entire collection (all 106 cars) at one time for back in their boxes and delivered to your door (in the US) ... $3000.00 That's just $28.30 each and free shipping... now THAT is a deal!

Thanks all.
Ward

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:43 am

I added the last missing pic of my two Drayson Racing cars into the main photo. Everything is now going up on Ebay one car at a time. Thank you to everyone who bought cars from my large group photos, that makes life much easier!

For fun, a few single photos of the ESM cars I still have available... these are all on Ebay if you prefer.

And last, a few of my 2012 Team Promo GT purchased at Sebring in 2012. This is the cool team car with the #01 on the left side and the #02 on the right. All 6 drivers signed during the drivers meetings.

CrimsonGungnir

Post by CrimsonGungnir » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:33 am

I've sent you a PM. Some of those Can-Ams would go great in my collection...
"I'm not saying Mopar is superior... I'm just saying they are on an extremely short list that has had their cars banned for dominating a series so hard." - Grant (me)

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 am

I purchased the second patron racer myself only cos of the livery. Its a cracker and worthy of any collection.
Lars

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:20 am

Thanks for the looks and emails. Here are a few pics of items folks have asked about. All messages have been replied to. Thanks again to everyone. Also I have items listed on Ebay as well... Have sold quite a bit with around 80 more cars to go.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/planetdirt/m.h ... 7675.l2562

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Is the McLeagle gone? I haven't seen it on eBay (not even among the SOLD items)
"With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
Ayrton Senna

Click the banner to see my website:
Mike

69Stang

Post by 69Stang » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Dark Side wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:40 pm
Is the McLeagle gone? I haven't seen it on eBay (not even among the SOLD items)
Nope, I have not gotten to that one yet.... interested? I can list it next if you prefer to buy through Ebay for the protections.

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm in no particular rush, was just curious to be honest but I may bid :lol:
"With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
Ayrton Senna

Click the banner to see my website:
Mike