(Potentially) wanted: white metal models (post war Euro subjects - GTs and affordable exotica)

S143 marketplace and member listings.
Lighters

(Potentially) wanted: white metal models (post war Euro subjects - GTs and affordable exotica)

Post by Lighters »

(Potentially) wanted: white metal models (post war Euro subjects - GTs and affordable exotica - in NOS/mint condition) .

Hi chaps

Whilst I appreciate most forum members gravitate towards die-cast and resin models, I was wondering if anyone might be interested in selling their white metal models for retention anongst my own modest collection?

I'm not a dealer - and hence have no interest in 'flipping' - but am always (potentially) interested in post-war white metal Euro subjects in mint condition for retention.

Nick

David H

Re: (Potentially) wanted: white metal models (post war Euro subjects - GTs and affordable exotica)

Post by David H »

Lighters, I wish you well in your search. One of the finer groups, at least in my estimation, are some older models generally referred to as the RAMI collection. These were produced in the 1960's and 70's in France, and French cars dominate the 40 or so models. But there are some others as well. These models tend to be 1:43 in scale or nearby, but variation was common. I see them on eBay pretty often, and the prices are about the same as they were twenty years ago when I was accumulating mine.

Have fun in your search!
David H