Rationalising Collection

S143 marketplace and member listings.
reeft1

Rationalising Collection

Post by reeft1 »

It sounds much more dramatic than it is in practice as i’m keeping over 1000 models, but always good to put a positive spin on things for she who must be obeyed….

So im going to be offloading about 125 road cars and about 125 race cars over the coming months, many of which are hard to find/sold out Sparks, Minichamps and similar. You can find me on Ebay as reeft1, and all the cars will have been on one of my forum threads. In the Targa Florio, Mille Miglia and Carrera Panamericana (I blame Sir Stirling) i will be offloading non event winners, a meaningful chunk of my Tour and Tarmac collection (non winners from Giro d’Italia and Tour de France i’m wavering on), and most of my Banzai, Sacre Bleu, Land of Hope and Glory, Handy Scandi, Star Spangled Spanners, Bella Donna, Deutschland Uber Alles collection.

Too many to list here but if you see anything of interest in those threads that tickles your fancy, feel free to let me know and i’ll let you know if i still have it and we can do a deal where we can save on ebay/paypal costs.

Thanks
Last edited by reeft1 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David MG

Re: Rationalising Collection

Post by David MG »

Hi, looked on eBay reeft1 and found size 4 dresses!
Cheers,
David

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

David MG wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:42 am
Hi, looked on eBay reeft1 and found size 4 dresses!
Yes, those i mine. I look particularly fetching in those David. Will post on here when i next upload a batch. I have the unenviable job of putting the next batch of circa 100 cars back in their boxes first!

Lighters

Post by Lighters »

Hello Reeft1!

Will you have any sexy subjects in white metal hitting the marketplace?

Nick

Jager

Post by Jager »

I never knew we had a Handi Scandi thread ! Hopefully its not too painful Paul, but as you'll still have 1,000 cars to look at I'm sure you'll get over it.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Lighters wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:08 am
Hello Reeft1!

Will you have any sexy subjects in white metal hitting the marketplace?

Nick
No white metal i’m afraid.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

Good luck with the sale, fingers crossed for record prices.

My future is being a seller over being a buyer so I will be watching with interest.
Jeff

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Its interesting Jeff - all about timing i guess. Advertised about 50 so far, sold about 10 for fair prices, but whilst i had watchers on a lot of the others, no bids came in. Im fortunate and unfortunate in that i dont keep a record of what i paid (so won’t weep too much if i sell at what proves to be a discount), but equally I see some go for silly money and not a sniff at 50% of the price. Hey ho - could be a long haul. Either that or my mother-in-law is getting an Ixo for xmas…..

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

I’d forgotten how many sub themes ive built up over the years….

Lifes a Beach collection is also for sale, as is Sports/GT cars
Last edited by reeft1 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

David MG

Post by David MG »

Still no dinks posted under reeft1 on eBay.
Cheers,
David

Tom

Post by Tom »

Many tasty models in your collections. Shame that Brexit made it a lot tougher to buy from the UK.

David MG

Post by David MG »

Tom wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:38 am
Many tasty models in your collections. Shame that Brexit made it a lot tougher to buy from the UK.
I have no problems buying from the EU! Regularly buy from France, Italy & Germany without fuss.
Cheers,
David

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

David MG wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:08 am
Still no dinks posted under reeft1 on eBay.
Not yet David. Hope to get there over the next couple of weeks. Wanted to give the forum members first dibs before i start selling on thiefbay.

Anything in particular that you are interested in? I can point you at relevant themes from me on the forum to take a look at.

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Update to threads made

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Quick update. Firstly, apologies for the delay in getting back to some of you. A family matter that took priority had the majority of my focus over the past couple of weeks. Bottom line, im getting there but underestimated the task and the scale of the planned prune. Its going to be closer to 350-400 cars for sale, but phase 1 is now complete which was searching for the relevant boxes in over 20 storage boxes and amongst 1000+ car boxes. All boxes are now set to one side and im working my way thorough extracting cars from cabinets and inserting them back in to boxes. Probably about 175 now boxed up. If i can get through about 30 each evening i should have a clearer picture within the next week. Thanks for your continued patience.

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo »

hi! i am interested in a TVR Sagaris by spark, alfa romeo tipo 33 1969 also by spark and a ford transit mk3 also from spark. if you have those and are willing to part with them, please pm me. thank you!

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Johnny_Bravo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 am
hi! i am interested in a TVR Sagaris by spark, alfa romeo tipo 33 1969 also by spark and a ford transit mk3 also from spark. if you have those and are willing to part with them, please pm me. thank you!
I only have one of those (the Sagaris) but that’s being retained at this stage im afraid.

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo »

reeft1 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:59 pm
Johnny_Bravo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 am
I only have one of those (the Sagaris) but that’s being retained at this stage im afraid.
thank you for the answer, when you decide otherwise, please pm me.

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

It may not look like 8 hours of hard labour ripped out of my weekend, but i'm essentially complete on phase 2 - just about 25 models to find boxes for which means getting storage boxes back out of the loft i thought i'd finished with 2 days ago.

Still, ~300 models now boxed and ready for selling.

For those that pm'd me, i'll do a check back to your lists, and do a bit of research on the prices of the ones you have expressed interest in, plus give you an honest assessment of the outer sleeve, case and of course model condition.

Getting there.....

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

Why is the 'Kill Bill' box turned to the backside :lol:

Indeed, 8 hours sounds about right for what you've shown. I've shuffled my collection when close to 1,000 cars and it is NO small task!

Like yourself, I've sold off about 125 in the last year and have absolutely no regrets for it! I'll probably do more of the same in the future as time allows. Quantity vs quality etc etc.

Wishing you the best of luck :D
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

Jager

Post by Jager »

Good work. I see you've already sorted the Alfa's into a separate pile for Martin :D .
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

Jager wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:59 pm
Good work. I see you've already sorted the Alfa's into a separate pile for Martin :D .
My pile is the Wartburgs that are hiding behind the pot plant :lol: :lol:
Martin

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Another 3 hours tonight trying to track down the remaining boxes. Found 15 of them so 10 will now be sold without boxes as ive lost the will to keep searching.

On to the pricing up….