Competition & Miscellaneous Models for sale (see page 2)

S143 marketplace and member listings.
scalainj
Site Admin

Competition & Miscellaneous Models for sale (see page 2)

Post by scalainj » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:54 am

As i'm sure many of you have predicted my buy what i like collecting philosophy has had to come to an end simply because i'm running out of space.
In view of this i'm having a re-theme and thus have had to make some hard decisions and as a result i will be selling off some models. I'll be posting them in this thread and in another, road cars.

All prices are specifically for S143 members only and do not including postage (this will be extra and at cost to wherever in the world you maybe) and are in GBP Pounds Sterling

All models are in excellent condition include all original packaging unless otherwise stated

PM me if interested or for further information - i'm in the UK

So with out further ado:
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

GBOAC002

Re: Competition & Miscellaneous Models for sale

Post by GBOAC002 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:28 am

Andy: We'll be like Vultures circling around in the sky now that you are 're-theming'. I can only hope that a couple of Sparks (road cars) that I'd like will appear on your list.

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:41 pm

waiting...and hoping for some road cars too....even though i like a lot that mazda...

Baxter

Post by Baxter » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:29 pm

I also am probably more interested in road cars. I'm sorry to hear that your "buy what I like" philosophy became too much. It did the same for me. I usually urge new collectors to think hard about what they really want because they can easily end up with hundreds or thousands of models. The fact that some of these have never been displayed sums up the situation perfectly.

Jager

Post by Jager » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Making room for more 1:18th Exoto's Andy ;) .

It must be hard to decide what to cull and what to keep amongst all your cars. I'm a little surprised some of the cars above didn't survive the cut, but I'm sure you have your reasons.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:10 pm

I never thought that this would ever happen! :o

...there's lots of cool things here...and, I'm quite tempted to send you a PM about that Morgan... 8-)
-Julio-

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Very surprised to hear this too :o

At the risk of sounding like a 'vulture'...I'd sure like to see a few 1:18 Ottos that are no longer produced, they sure take up a lot of space on that tiny island :P

I'm sure many have already traded with Andy before but I'll vouch for his absolute professionalism - one of the most unselfish people you'll ever meet 8-)

BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:15 pm

I'll put my hand up as a vulture - PM sent.
Martin

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:29 am

:shock: I never thought I'd see this day!! :cry: But I guess at the end of the day this WILL happen to all of us a some point in our lifetime of collecting things.
Really sorry to see this thread appear mate but I completely understand the "Running out of space" reason as I have been to the museum and have seen the mayhem 1st hand last time a year ago just about now :lol: (will need to pop up again soonish)

At least you'll be keeping these items in the family so to speak by selling them in here to S143 family only.

As others have said, it must have been HORRENDOUS trying to decide what to put up for sale (at least it would have been for me!!) I mean I cant believe that your Patron 458 is there, that is one of, if not the BEST livery of any racing 458 ever and luckily for me I already got it when it was released and cant ever see myself getting rid of it.

Good luck with the cull mate :)
Alistair

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:48 am

I think Alistair sums it up right, and others who have been here will attest too, it's mayhem here.

For the best part of 20 years i've been buying what i like but it's unsustainable for the sheer volume of releases and for the lack of space. This has meant i've had to look long and hard at my themes and sub themes and even harder at those in the miscellaneous theme.

So i'm streamlining a little and having to make hard choices

What you will be seeing for sale will be models that do not fit into my main themes or main sub themes or are duplicates (in some way) so that i may free some more from boxes. But it's not going to be a drastic change, as one day there will be a bigger museum
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:01 am

That's the spirit Andy, would be a shame to sell off a lot of your beauties.

David MG

Post by David MG » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:42 am

GBOAC002 wrote:Andy: We'll be like Vultures circling around in the sky now that you are 're-theming'. I can only hope that a couple of Sparks (road cars) that I'd like will appear on your list.
Have YOU gone over to the dark side ?
Cheers,
David

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:55 am

Only for two particular sports cars which are exceptions to my rule of no resin!

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:06 am

liking the datto, the furai should be on ebay..price for those is nuts :shock:
Lars

Rat

Post by Rat » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:00 pm

scalainj wrote:For the best part of 20 years i've been buying what i like but it's unsustainable for the sheer volume of releases and for the lack of space.
I know all about that. I just offloaded close to 250 1/18's and I hardly notice anything missing. They sneak up on you and before you know it, you get squeezed out of parts of your house.

sheepCrusher

Post by sheepCrusher » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 am

This is truly the final sign that the Apocalypse is nigh.

I have sold a lot of models and have filled two big boxes with others. There is NO sign that even a dent has been made in my displays. It gets out of hand fast. But they are all so awesome. Just think how many we would have if prices stayed like they were 7 years ago.
The dog wet on the picnic basket!

Jager

Post by Jager » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:14 pm

sheepCrusher wrote:This is truly the final sign that the Apocalypse is nigh.

I have sold a lot of models and have filled two big boxes with others. There is NO sign that even a dent has been made in my displays. It gets out of hand fast. But they are all so awesome. Just think how many we would have if prices stayed like they were 7 years ago.
I think if prices had stayed where they were, there are a lot of cars that we see today which wouldn't have been made. Maybe that would have put the brakes on our buying even if we had money to spare. I think I've bought more cars in recent years when prices averaged $50 than 5 years ago when the prices averaged $30 simply because there are more to buy ?

k1w1taxi

Post by k1w1taxi » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:38 am

Better hurry Jeff, you don't want to miss that SB25 :lol:

Cheers
Lee

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:05 am

Very sad to see this huge cull thats been going on at the Museum currently mate :cry: Little bit tempted with the black RSR as dont think I have that one in the pork corner.
Alistair

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 am

If i said it's hardly making a dent would that help
Happy to reserve it for you Alistair if you wish?
Andy

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:57 am

Stop posting R8's as I really can't afford them all :(
Last edited by thetrooper on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Jager

Re: Competition & Miscellaneous Models for sale (see page 2)

Post by Jager » Sun May 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Not the Aussie R8's ! ! !

Surely there's room in the museum for the Kangaroo car ?

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Mon May 23, 2016 8:10 am

Unfortunately not when I'm re-theming. These miscellaneous themes are more or less all on the way out
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Wed May 25, 2016 2:23 am

Three more

HPI Racing - 8138 - Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R - Altia Falken - 1992 N1 - S.Katura & T.Hara - 1 of 1792
From my collection, displayed in a cabinet, with original case and sleeve - On ebay

Spark Cartima - CA-WOL-02 (SAM115) - Porsche 956 - 1983 Sportwagen World Endurance Championship - Monza - T.Boutsen & B.Wollek - 1st - Bob Wollek Collection - 1 of 500
From my collection, displayed in a cabinet, with original case and sleeve - Sold

Spark Cartima - CA-BEL-10 - Porsche 956 - 1984 Sportwagen World Endurance Championship - Brands Hatch - H.Grohs & S.Bellof - 5th - Stefan Bellof Collection - 1 of 300
From my collection, displayed in a cabinet, with original case and sleeve - Sold
Andy