60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

S143 marketplace and member listings.
Post Reply
User avatar
Batman
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:45 pm
Location: Gotham City, USA

60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

Post by Batman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a jacking point for an 1:43 IXO 60's Ford GT40. I am missing one on my 1967 Le Mans winner. The part is circled in the picture below. Do any of you have a spare in your parts bin/model auto junkyard that I can purchase? If not, know any leads who may have one or a pair of them. Thank you!

Image

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 3143
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: 60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

Post by reeft1 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:32 pm

Forgive the naïve question, but wouldn't it be easier to make one?

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 21743
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: 60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

Post by Tom » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Or, being an Ixo, a cheap complete model to replace yours?

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 11584
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: 60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

Post by Jager » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:08 pm

Tom wrote:Or, being an Ixo, a cheap complete model to replace yours?
I think that would work in Europe (there are cheap Altaya GT40's as low as €5), but there seems to be a lack of part work models in North America.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
Batman
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:45 pm
Location: Gotham City, USA

Re: 60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

Post by Batman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:38 pm

reeft1 wrote:Forgive the naïve question, but wouldn't it be easier to make one?
It was suggested by some one else in a PM, but I'm not a model builder or am I that talented to do so.
Tom wrote:Or, being an Ixo, a cheap complete model to replace yours?
Jager wrote: I think that would work in Europe (there are cheap Altaya GT40's as low as €5), but there seems to be a lack of part work models in North America.
Genuine IXO Le Mans winners are getting hard to find and they have become more expensive. Also, factor in shipping cost to the US. While some sellers charge a reasonable $7.50 to $15.00 for shipping from Europe (mostly Germany & UK), for most models I want, the sellers are charging $20 to $40 for one 1/43 model to ship here. That's insane!

The Altaya's are not readily available in the US, add in the shipping cost, they are not that cheap! Right now the cheapest Altaya GT40 is a little over $38.00, including the $20+ for shipping from France. The shipping is more than the price of the model itself.

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 11584
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: 60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

Post by Jager » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:03 am

Within the US, Replicarz list the IXO 1966 winner for $34.99, though currently its out of stock and they say "Check for Availability". This looks one of the cheapest options without going overseas :

http://www.replicarz.com/1966-Ford-GT40 ... fo/LM1966/

In the UK, the Bang and Del Prado versions sell for less than $10. Maybe you could arrange to have one sent to one of the UK forum members and get them to break up the model and just send you the jacking points and maybe the wheels in an envelope. This would dramatically cut the postage costs :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANG-MODEL-1-43 ... SwEjFXcX5r

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delprado-1-43-S ... 7675.l2557

Having said that, this Minichamps version that sold for $16 in the UK looked a bargain. If I could find one at that price I'd just forget repairing the IXO :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-GT40- ... Sw6n5Xp1jY
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
Batman
Posts: 616
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:45 pm
Location: Gotham City, USA

Re: 60's Ford GT40 Part Search...

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:58 am

Jager wrote:Within the US, Replicarz list the IXO 1966 winner for $34.99, though currently its out of stock and they say "Check for Availability". This looks one of the cheapest options without going overseas :

http://www.replicarz.com/1966-Ford-GT40 ... fo/LM1966/

In the UK, the Bang and Del Prado versions sell for less than $10. Maybe you could arrange to have one sent to one of the UK forum members and get them to break up the model and just send you the jacking points and maybe the wheels in an envelope. This would dramatically cut the postage costs :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANG-MODEL-1-43 ... SwEjFXcX5r

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delprado-1-43-S ... 7675.l2557

Having said that, this Minichamps version that sold for $16 in the UK looked a bargain. If I could find one at that price I'd just forget repairing the IXO :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-GT40- ... Sw6n5Xp1jY

Thank you, Jager! I am on the lookout for either a Minichamps replacement of this model or a cheaper GT40 with jacking points to break apart. The search continues.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest