Kess 2016

News, Rumors and Gossip
Keko

Re: Kess 2016

Post by Keko » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:48 pm

BertOne wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:53 am
Further to the posts above, I recently read on another site that there was a delay in the production of this model and they don't know when they'll get it. This also applies to several other models. It's no real surprise as the Fidia has been listed for almost 3 years and has been constantly put back. A real shame - I've wanted a model of this car forever but am now resigned to never getting one. :cry:
I´m with you mate :x
Visit my collection in : http://kekomovil.blogspot.com

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:23 am

GBOAC002 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:13 pm
Will: Politoys made a very tidy Fidia S4 in 1:43 diecast metal. I have it in silver, blue and metallic red.
The Politoys is ok for its time and purpose but as I've spent the last 10 years selling my old diecast toys to help me pay for their modern resin equivalents you can appreciate that it wouldn't really cut it as far as I'm concerned. The Kess prototypes look spot on and I was, rarely for me, considering buying both versions. :cry:

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

If my experience of Kess and the saga of the Monteverdi 375/4 four with bits broken and missing, good luck. That/those experiences has/have only put me further from conversion to the resin cause!

You do know that values of the Continental die casts are now heading North. How ironic is that?

Keko

Post by Keko » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Keko wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:48 pm
BertOne wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:53 am
Further to the posts above, I recently read on another site that there was a delay in the production of this model and they don't know when they'll get it. This also applies to several other models. It's no real surprise as the Fidia has been listed for almost 3 years and has been constantly put back. A real shame - I've wanted a model of this car forever but am now resigned to never getting one. :cry:
I´m with you mate :x
Hey Will, people from Carmodel have reitered from the 'Coming soon' list the two Iso Fidia models announced by Kess... Maybe is better it than the continuous delaying of the model...
Visit my collection in : http://kekomovil.blogspot.com

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Good news! The Carmodel site is showing new models of the Vignale Lagonda, previously only made by Ban Seng and the Lagonda Virage previously only made, very expensively, by VF models. They are also showing pics of the Cizeta Moroder, to be released in the next few days and even the elusive Iso Fidia has been relisted as a future release though worryingly it's release date is November 31st, a date I fear will never arrive. :roll:

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:23 pm

:lol:

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:25 am

Wowzers! The Lagonda Vignale will be high on my wish list! I guess there's no need to save as by the time it's out I'll get the retirement pay.

EDIT: Just found the pictures.. is it just me or the Lagonda looks as an inflated toy?

The Lagonda Virage 4-door saloon I think was also made by the old Provence Moulage. Lagonda Shooting Brake (Roos?) is also there! Was this announced before?

Did anyone mention Pininfarina Caddy Jacquelin? (made by EMC) The Kess doesn't look that nice but at 1/4th of the price will do for me :D

And the Cizeta looks very nice, a step up improvement from Alezan and SMTS white metal.. DeTomaso Zonda is nice, too. Oh dear, too many interesting cars!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:50 am

The Vignale doesn't look great - hopefully this is just a prototype, they'll have plenty of time to get it right. ;)
I don't think PM did the Lagonda saloon, rather an estate car, a version of which I think Spark are planning (I may be wrong on either or both of these).
The Lagonda shooting brake was announced around the same time as the Cizeta, so quite a long time ago then.
Not so keen on the Caddy - it just looks like any American car of the time (though the model does look nice).
I sold my SMTS Cizeta when this was announced, a little prematurely as it turns out! I hope this one finally makes it to market. :?