dbonser
Site Admin

Re: Nuremberg 2017

Post by dbonser » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Keko wrote:Thanks Paulius!!

1/43 photos from Auto Und Modell...

http://www.auto-und-modell.de/pages/akt ... sstab-143/

Cheers
This is what I have been waiting for. Thanks for posting!

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks Paulius! ;)

I saw a couple of models that I really liked! Some Norevs, a 1960 DeSoto, a black Rolls, the Pegaso previously shown and the Chrysler Turbine car! :)
-Julio-

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Glad to see that MC is reissuing the Golf mk.II under the Maxichamps label.

The Maltings

Post by The Maltings » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Many thanks for your efforts. At least for us rally fans there is sight of the Ixo Fabia R5.

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm perplexed by TSM. Why no Mini All4 2014 & 2015 Dakar winners? Even more puzzling, why skip the 2016 podium placing Mini of Nasser Al-Attiyah (2nd place) but make the 4th, 6th, & 12th place finishers?

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Maybe they got sponsorship from this company Axon.

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Serafa wrote:Maybe they got sponsorship from this company Axon.
I thought that too at first but Al-Attiyah's 2nd place Mini was part of team Axion as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Dakar_Rally#Cars_4

Marcellix

Post by Marcellix » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:51 pm

BertOne wrote:
Marcellix wrote:Esval Trident
Great to see Esval proposing to make the Trident. I wonder if they will make the original, prettier TVR Trident version. Surely a seller. Come to that was there any sign of the models from their earlier, (overly?) ambitious programmes of a few years back. Where's the Peerless and the Brooks Steven's Gaylord?
No sight of Peerless nor Gaylord. The original TVR version is a lot prettier indeed. Let's hope they'll make that one too. The sales person at Esval told me this exact yellow Trident was modelled after the real car owned by one of their agents.

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:04 am

Keko wrote:Thanks Paulius!!

1/43 photos from Auto Und Modell...

http://www.auto-und-modell.de/pages/akt ... sstab-143/

Cheers
Great to see that a 1970's Chevrolet El Camino being made be Premium X/IXO. Also, the Porsche 993 Speedster by Schuco Pro R is an interesting subject too. I was hoping to see the Tesla Model X & Model 3 being made by Schuco Pro R, but seems like its not in their schedule.

Cheers,
Adam

philsaunders

Post by philsaunders » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Is it just me, or does it seem like things are pretty thin this year? Not a lot of releases shown. I usually walk away with a few wishlist items to drool over, but this year there's practically nothing!
Friends don't let friends early apex...

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:20 pm

It seems like there were fewer model cars being released this year. In the past, after seeing the photos of the Nuremberg Toy Fair, I would need to begin saving up for the year. But this year, there doesn't seem to be much model cars I must buy.

Cheers,
Adam

utzelu

Post by utzelu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:29 am

Was there any booth from Neo? I haven't seen any announcement from them at the fair.

The Maltings

Post by The Maltings » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:44 am

Neo weren't there last year either having stated the costs as being prohibitive hence the likes of Trofeu and others that haven't exhibited in years.

We have to remember this is a trade show where distribution deals and licencing is discussed in the main and it is not really meant to be a show for us collectors to see what is likely to be filling our cabinets anytime soon. Prior to the net we would hardly have got a look in and the only reason I knew it existed as a show until a few years ago was that I saw pics of some of the manufacturer promos that were featured in model magazines months later!

I noticed however that 1/18th is where it seems to be at this year and there were far more pics on the net and manufacturers showing wares in this scale especially in resin ( the Otto effect?) than ever before, contrast this with the very much reduced showing of "our" scale. I guess this is in part driven by the likes of Autoart making models for the car makers themselves especially the premium brands as their customers appear to prefer statement pieces to show off on their desks or on their book cases.

I hope this is a blip however unlike previous years I personally am left with a slight sense of foreboding as to what the next 12 months holds for our part of the collecting sector.

Chris

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:16 am

The Maltings wrote: I noticed however that 1/18th is where it seems to be at this year and there were far more pics on the net and manufacturers showing wares in this scale especially in resin ( the Otto effect?) than ever before, contrast this with the very much reduced showing of "our" scale. I guess this is in part driven by the likes of Autoart making models for the car makers themselves especially the premium brands as their customers appear to prefer statement pieces to show off on their desks or on their book cases.

I hope this is a blip however unlike previous years I personally am left with a slight sense of foreboding as to what the next 12 months holds for our part of the collecting sector.

Chris
I always find it bizarre that things are going all 1:18th. Not only are they more expensive but they take up a hell of a lot more space - even more than a Matrix carton! Still, that seems to be the way things are going though i think we should bear in mind that the likes of Neo, BoS and Autocult release models throughout the year with little forewarning, Matrix and GLM too so not all is lost.

What I find depressing is the number of cars promised in the past that have just disappeared from the schedules. I should be sitting on a massive collection of Mini Miniera concept cars promised a few years back - I think around 6 were actually released of which I have 2! :o

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:48 am

BertOne wrote:What I find depressing is the number of cars promised in the past that have just disappeared from the schedules. I should be sitting on a massive collection of Mini Miniera concept cars promised a few years back - I think around 6 were actually released of which I have 2! :o
I'm with you here, I spoke with the guys from La Mini Miniera and will tell you sad news: no more Bertone models will be released (as the company is bankrupt they cannot handle any new models releases, their words). In the Pininfarina line this year a new model is coming our (Sintesi), and the future will tell if they are going to have more. If you noticed in my picture album, they did display a new PF concept but in 1/18! (that new Sigma style formula concept, dont remember the name).

Brands like Tecnomodel, BBR, MR, AutoArt, Matrix, MC, even Spark et al are all focusing on 1/18 market - must be much more profitable for them...

Re: Chris comments about the show: I am not sure about the model car industry but the Toy Fair is not the place where you discuss the licenses agreements, it is dedicated to present the current+upcoming products and close deals on sales/distribution. So in theory all manufacturers display their news. Little news = less business in 1/43 this year.. This is as I see it.

By the way, I am not sure if you saw it on the web, AutoArt had a 1/43 Bugatti Atalante on display! Not sure if all-open or sealed version.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 am

You've confirmed my worst fears about Miniera - but I'm delighted the Sintesi is still planned. A small morsel of good news among all the gloom!

Marcellix

Post by Marcellix » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:09 am

Paulius43 wrote:
BertOne wrote:What I find depressing is the number of cars promised in the past that have just disappeared from the schedules. I should be sitting on a massive collection of Mini Miniera concept cars promised a few years back - I think around 6 were actually released of which I have 2! :o
I'm with you here, I spoke with the guys from La Mini Miniera and will tell you sad news: no more Bertone models will be released (as the company is bankrupt they cannot handle any new models releases, their words). In the Pininfarina line this year a new model is coming our (Sintesi), and the future will tell if they are going to have more. If you noticed in my picture album, they did display a new PF concept but in 1/18! (that new Sigma style formula concept, dont remember the name).

Brands like Tecnomodel, BBR, MR, AutoArt, Matrix, MC, even Spark et al are all focusing on 1/18 market - must be much more profitable for them...

Re: Chris comments about the show: I am not sure about the model car industry but the Toy Fair is not the place where you discuss the licenses agreements, it is dedicated to present the current+upcoming products and close deals on sales/distribution. So in theory all manufacturers display their news. Little news = less business in 1/43 this year.. This is as I see it.

By the way, I am not sure if you saw it on the web, AutoArt had a 1/43 Bugatti Atalante on display! Not sure if all-open or sealed version.
I did see the Bugatti Atlantic too, but heard they will stop with 1:43 completely... (and who is waiting for a good Atlantic anyway...)
Bad news about La Mini Miniera. But let's hope other brands will fill the gap. The Jaguar Pirana from Matrix looks good.
Yes, there is more focus on larger scales. Not only 1:18, but also 1:12 and even larger. I asked at Otto if they are planning on starting a 1:43 line, the answer was not hopeful... They make 18.000 models a month now, btw. Cult Auto, the 1:18 line from MAtrix, had some very interesting subjects, like the first Rover SD1, the Aston Virage, Vantage Zagato, Jaguar XJ Series 3 and X300 XJR. But they start a new brand with 1:12 too, with a marvelous looking DB5. Matrix also had a 1:6 911 on the stand, which will be available later.
I've been told that the larger scales are easier to model, because a 3D scan usually does the trick, 1:43 models need a lot of manual fine tuning afterwards to get it to look right.

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Better late than never I suppose. Romu Romu's 2017 report is now online: http://www.romu-romu.com/site/report/2017nur/P01.html

At first glance it doesn't seem like there is much we haven't already seen. One exception is a nice looking large scale (1:18?) Corvair from IXO. That could easily find a spot on my shelves.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:55 am

BertOne wrote:
The Maltings wrote: I noticed however that 1/18th is where it seems to be at this year and there were far more pics on the net and manufacturers showing wares in this scale especially in resin ( the Otto effect?) than ever before, contrast this with the very much reduced showing of "our" scale. I guess this is in part driven by the likes of Autoart making models for the car makers themselves especially the premium brands as their customers appear to prefer statement pieces to show off on their desks or on their book cases.

Chris
I always find it bizarre that things are going all 1:18th. Not only are they more expensive but they take up a hell of a lot more space - even more than a Matrix carton! Still, that seems to be the way things are going though i think we should bear in mind that the likes of Neo, BoS and Autocult release models throughout the year with little forewarning, Matrix and GLM too so not all is lost.

What I find depressing is the number of cars promised in the past that have just disappeared from the schedules. I should be sitting on a massive collection of Mini Miniera concept cars promised a few years back - I think around 6 were actually released of which I have 2! :o
Think of the opportunity for profit on the higher priced 1:18. The profit margin has got to be much higher per unit.
Jeff
ImageImage

utzelu

Post by utzelu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Not many american cars were announced at the fair. In the last few years I developed an appetite for the muscle cars and the '50s.

adrianG

Post by adrianG » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:06 pm

Paulius43 wrote:
BertOne wrote: By the way, I am not sure if you saw it on the web, AutoArt had a 1/43 Bugatti Atalante on display! Not sure if all-open or sealed version.
did you saw this ? http://www.autoartmodels.de/uk/modelcar ... antic.html any pictures/link of what you saw?
i follow this site page from 2 years allready, now you give me hopes :)

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:08 pm

some great models on display this year. the TSM Porsche 934/5s have caught my eye :)

I am a little disappointed with the Make Up stand this year. There was nothing really new or that hadn't already been announced on their site on the stand. Last year they had a couple of 1:43 models on display that had not been seen/announced before the show, such as the Jagermeister 935.

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:58 am

adrianG wrote:
Paulius43 wrote:
BertOne wrote: By the way, I am not sure if you saw it on the web, AutoArt had a 1/43 Bugatti Atalante on display! Not sure if all-open or sealed version.
did you saw this ? http://www.autoartmodels.de/uk/modelcar ... antic.html any pictures/link of what you saw?
i follow this site page from 2 years allready, now you give me hopes :)
That's the one!! It was on display all closed. Could not have a closer look unfortunately.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096