Goldvarg Collection

News, Rumors and Gossip
Jager

Goldvarg Collection

Post by Jager » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:45 pm

There is a new producer making 1950's and 60's US classics under the brand name 'Goldvarg Collection'. It seems theses are new resin models of subjects originally released in Argentina by Goldvarg in white metal. Not cheap at $99 each, but according to Replicarz they are limited to 150 pieces each :
The Ford Fairlane 500 1958 is the first model of the new GOLDVARG COLLECTION Series in resin in 1/43 scale. The replica features amazing detail and two-tone color scheme, as in the correct period.

The 1956 Mercury Montclair was manufactured already in the GOLDVARG COLLECTION Series in white metal in the premises in Buenos Aires, Argentina. By popular demand, this model is being issued now in the new resin series, with a completely new and much more detailed master prototype.

The 1961 Ford Country Squire is the second Station Wagon in the Goldvarg Collection history, the 1949 Plymouth Commercial Utility the very first one. This Plymouth was the last model in white metal "Made in Argentina".

More details of their product range here : http://www.replicarz.com/Goldvarg-Colle ... ucts/2063/
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

LUW

Re: Goldvarg Collection

Post by LUW » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 am

The Fairlane looks quite nice. The archetypical example of the 50 and 60's North American excess in car design - interesting that, with a little knowledge of history, you can infer a lot of what the country was like back then just with this car.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage Image

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:19 am

He is also doing a '65 Mercury and a early 60's F100.
Jeff
ImageImage

Featherless_Biped

Post by Featherless_Biped » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:44 am

Good to see the '58 Ford. I have never found one in 1:43 diecast or resin.

My father owned a '58, but he couldn't afford the Fairline, so he got the entry-level Custom which has entirely different side trim. Now, I don't know if I can afford the Fairlane in 1:43. :lol:
LUW wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 am
with a little knowledge of history, you can infer a lot of what the country was like back then just with this car.
Hmmm. Can you tell what my family was like? :? :lol:

RT

IFHP

Post by IFHP » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 am

I bit the bullet and bought one of the '59 Fairlanes before they were gone. It is very nice.

ImageFord Fairlane 500 Club Victoria by The Goldvarg Collection by Michael, on Flickr

ImageFord Fairlane 500 Club Victoria by The Goldvarg Collection by Michael, on Flickr
Collector of 1:43 Scale Fords

ImageHighway Scene by Michael, on Flickr