Peugeot (Talbot Simca)

Ozmac

Re: Peugeot (Talbot Simca)

Post by Ozmac »

Did you say Simcas? *Searches through cabinets* ... yes, I have a few ... all made by Altaya.

Simca Aronde, the model that most older Australians would think of if you said "Simca".

Simca Aronde Fourgonnette, love the livery.

Simca Gordini GP car, 1949

Simca Gordini T8, from 1947-53.

Simca Oceane, from the 'Route Bleue' diorama series

Simca Weekender (1955)

Featherless_Biped

Post by Featherless_Biped »

Tom wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:35 pm
Not in any way limited in age. Post away!
Well, OK, then. :)

Now for something different:

Peugeot Type 116.

Peugeot 402 Darl'Mat & Peugeot 302 Darl'Mat Roadster.

RT

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac »

Nice array of French metal, RT!

I have the same 402 Darl'Mat as you've shown, but I now covet your 302 Darl'Mat! I'm still finding all my 203s to post here, but there's a Darl'Mat version of that as well.

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac »

Now for a few miscellaneous others, plus two stylish early Talbot-Lagos.

Minichamps 505 in a blah colour

Darl'Mat 402

Long wheelbase J7 van, bought with a future conversion/diorama in mind, and no progress in the last 2 years on that little project.

Talbot-Lago 4.5, from the early 1950s.

Talbot-Lago T150 CSS from 1939.

Both these Talbot-Lagos were produced after the British Talbot company split itself up, selling its British factories to the Rootes Group. The French portion was bought by Antonio Lago, who added his name to the all new Talbots he then produced. So they are Talbots, but I've always thought of them as Lagos. Later on the Talbot name was put into mothballs in the late 50s, until Peugeot revived it in the late 70s. The cars produced after that date hold no interest for me at all. Did I get the potted history right, Tom?

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

Tom wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm
I didn't know you had so many Peugeots, Martin!
After Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Ford (due to local motor racing vehicles), Peugeot would be the next most numerous theme in my collection Tom. While Italian flair has always been my primary love when it comes to motor vehicles (and racing), I did go through a Peugeot-phase owning a 505, 307 and 407 through the 2000s. Now with FCA and PSA looking like they will join together, the circle is complete - Alfa did emerge from the ashes of the Italian arm of the Darracq business after all.

I am really liking this thread Tom, thanks for starting it - and for Jamie for stocking it with some classics as well.
Martin

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac »

Ready for too many Peugeot 203s? Must admit to a major soft spot for these Pugs. A 203 was my first attempt to "restore" an old car. It had 300,000 miles on the clock so it needed a fair bit of work, but it was wonderful fun to drive once we had it all running well again. When I started collecting 1:43 scale models, I soon discovered a goodly array of different body styles in this reliable workhorse of a postwar Pug. So here's my 203 garage ...

Your el-basic 203 Berline, or sedan

Cabriolet

Decouvrable

Familiale

Commerciale

Fourgonnette

Pickup/Light truck with canopy (needs 2 pix because the model is nice), and ...

Pickup/light truck with the removable canopy off

2-door coupe

Van

And in the next post, all sorts of variations of 203s, in addition to the various body styles ...

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac »

And now for the variations

Michelin van

Tour de France support vehicle

Paris taxi

Route Bleue diorama of a farmer's protest over prices, featuring a 203 light truck

Cheesy "La Vache Qui Rit" van

Stylish Darl'Mat

Cinesound film crew modified familiale (by me) for a diorama on the Redex Rallies in Australia

Casablanca Taxi

And last but definitely not least, the Rally Winner!
Peugeot 203, a plastic model that I modified to create a replica of Ken Tubman's winning Peugeot 203 which took out the inaugural 1953 Redex Reliability Trial in Australia.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Fantastic depth and breadth to this thread thanks to RT and Jamie- thanks gents, you've shown why I'm such a fan of the Themed pictures threads.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

There really is some great stuff pictured here.
Jeff

Featherless_Biped

Post by Featherless_Biped »

I think you are the gagnant du prix for your Peugeot collection. :D Impressive.

RT

IFHP

Post by IFHP »

Some great models and wonderful photos.
Collector of 1:43 Scale Fords

ImageHighway Scene by Michael, on Flickr

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Will post some tomorow. Love some of these 8-)
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Fab cars Dave, I want that Sunbeam Lotus...

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Cheers Tom. Would swap...for another one :lol:
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac »

That whole post-war series of Peugeots — the 203s, 403s, 404s, 504s — represents a golden era of excellent French engineering to me.

When I was restoring a Peugeot 203 in the early 1980s I found it remarkably easy to find parts for it, not only because Peugeot was still making parts for them in the 1980s, but also because all manner of parts, such as simple suspension bushings, were still common to the whole series.

My favourite Peugeot from that time remains the 404, and I even contemplated taking a trip from Australia to New Caledonia so I could just spend a few weeks on a tropical island surrounded by French cars! Never happened.

In Australia, the 404s that everyone knew were the sedan, the familiale wagon and the light truck. But I yearned for a 404 cabriolet, and it wasn't until I visited France later in the 1980s that I got to see 404 cabriolets in the "flesh". Lovely cars, nice mix of conservative and stylish at the same time.

Here's two dioramas I did in Photoshop using my little cabriolet 404. Still love the way it looks.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Fab job!
The local Peugeot dealer (now gone) used to have an immaculate 404 cabriolet in the showroom. There's another running around locally that I hope to photograph someday.

Meanwhile there are two more Peugeots that I have added to my collection. The first is this nice basic 403 by Odeon