arnold's red racers

arnold_C43

arnold's red racers

Post by arnold_C43 »

Themed seems a good place to start posting. Both red. Both racers. Both favorites. Worlds apart, but so very alike in their race breeding they are displayed together. Ferrari and Ford. P4 and Thunderbird (NASCAR style).
010 (2)_P4 and Thunderbird(2).jpg
011_P4 and Thunderbird.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom

Re: arnold's red racers

Post by Tom »

Nice! I had a Polistil 1:43 P4 as a kid, I should add a model of that to my collection really.

arnold_C43

Post by arnold_C43 »

Thanks, Tom. The 1996 Exoto Tifosi catalog lists the '23 car' as a Bang Italy 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 Spider "Daytona Winner", driven by the team of Amon & Bandini.

T-Bird is a Racing Champions edition of the 1993 car driven by Hut Stricklin at Atlanta Motor Speedway Purolator 500. Backstory on this one-bought it off a vendor truck at a McDonalds in Jonesboro, Georgia within earshot of the AMS track at Hampton. Sound of the cars practicing carried into Jonesboro where we lived at the time. Didn't make the race that weekend, but made it in '94.

It's been a while since giving a hard look at these two cars. Need to put them into the weekly research rotation and get to re-know them and their history better.

Cheers. A

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

I wonder which car would be faster around a race track?
Jeff

Jager

Post by Jager »

JSB33 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 am
Probably the NASCAR on a track with lots of left-hand corners, and the Ferrari on a track with lots of right-hand corners :D .

My recollection was that NASCAR models in 1:43 were quite rare. I know Quartzo did some in the 1990's but wasn't aware of too many others since then.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

Jager wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 am
JSB33 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 am
Probably the NASCAR on a track with lots of left-hand corners, and the Ferrari on a track with lots of right-hand corners :D .

My recollection was that NASCAR models in 1:43 were quite rare. I know Quartzo did some in the 1990's but wasn't aware of too many others since then.
There are more than you might think. I have a fair number of them in my collection:

https://aw-diecast-collection.blogspot. ... -cars.html

My favorites are the early cars by Team Caliber and "Golden Age" cars by Spark. How the Revell Jimmy Spenser car slipped past the censors is a mystery to me.