Revisiting some old colourised photo projects

Ozmac

Revisiting some old colourised photo projects

Post by Ozmac »

I have posted some of the colourised pix here before about 6-7 years ago, but as I came across the black & white originals while clearing out some files, I thought they'd be worth another viewing here. Just four of them, this time presented with the original black and white photo on the left, and my colourised version (I know, some of you will say "travesty!") on the right.

Monza, 1956, Abarth 500cc Fiat Record setting car that zoomed around the banking for hours, days on end. The colour of the car is correct, in so far that I have a 1/43 scale model in the same dazzling yellow. The rest of the colours I made up, but I figured being Italy there'd be red white and green.

Peugeot 203 lifts the inside front wheel during a car rally event named "The Tour de France" but it's not the famous cycle race.

The car is a racing barquette of a Renault 4CV, competing in a 24-hour race. The driver is Guy Michel, who did the whole 24 hours himself, and that amazing feat led race organisers to ban anyone driving the whole 24 hours ever again.

And finally a complete bastardisation of a colourisation, for this last one I added people and 1/43 scale cars. This is the Golden Fleece Service Station in the Sydney suburb of Auburn.

Alfaholic

Re: Revisiting some old colourised photo projects

Post by Alfaholic »

Nice work Jamie.

We had one of those FB Holdens when I was a very young lad, except ours was pale blue and white.
Martin

Tom

Post by Tom »

Great job!

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac »

Alfaholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:32 pm
Nice work Jamie.

We had one of those FB Holdens when I was a very young lad, except ours was pale blue and white.
Just remembered Martin that the FB Holden in the pic is actually 1:64, which is why its rear end looks a bit suss.

My dad, being a dour Presbyterian, bought a grey and white FB Holden. He was very big on grey colour schemes ...

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

Nice work! I wish I was as talented on the computer! :D

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

I( just watched an old TV show that was colorized and your work is much better than what they did.
Jeff