1985 car park in UK - updated (final) collection

SpeedCat71

Re: 1985 car park in UK - updated (final) collection

Post by SpeedCat71 »

Like it. Much better now level………having said that, I personally have seen so many lop sided BL cars over the years, it looked really authentic!

orky

Post by orky »

Thanks, maybe model makers meant for it to be lob-sided! On another note, Montego is a total fail and I won't be pursuing with it. ;( Once the green cortina pics are up I'll work on another diorama so there'll be multiple cars in each pic etc. Btw thanks for pointing out the vanguards mk5 cortina, that'll be my next model when released. If they make it as accurate as the mk4 version and you don't have to do any work on the body, I'll be doing a trio of these - red defo, the other two colours probably in white and maybe the professionals version in green depending on if the specs match up.

orky

Post by orky »

On the subject of cortinas. corgi vanguards will release a mk5 one ome time this year, looks like the last ever one produced, a Y reg silver crusader. Looking at the wheels, side panels and bumpers, can easily be resprayed to a GL version. I should have the mk3 Modena green pics up tomorrow or Wednesday. As well as the resprayed Nordic blue mk4 - the very first model in this thread. Just over two years after respraying it and thinking all was well and good only then did I realise the side windows were too narrow, was a bit annoyed with myself. All corrected now after respraying from scratch. :geek:

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

Interesting that Vanguards will do a 1:43 MkV Cortina as I owned a 1:1 for twelve months. Hope it'll be the metallic blue that I chose for mine. It will also fill another gap in1:43s of 1:1s that I've owned.