What would you do?

Listing of Retailer sites and sales
JSB33
Site Admin

What would you do?

Post by JSB33 »

On December 4th I purchased a few cars from Diecastdirect in North Carolina US. They charged for priority shipping which is a 3 day service at best. because of they way things are in the world i did not inquire until a few weeks out. I sent 2 email that were ignored. I finally found a number and called them yesterday. While the woman was nice she pretty much told me tough shit. They have had some customers waiting as long as 3 months. My question was since they knew at least 2.5 months ago that the USPS was so far behind, why are they still using them?

I am half a step away from calling my Credit card company and having the charges removed. Am I being unreasonable?
Jeff

Tom

Re: What would you do?

Post by Tom »

No, you're not. But I've heard of packages from the US turn up two months later... it can still happen, but their customer service definitely needs improvement.

Did you get any tracking info?

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

I did get tracking but its useless. All it say is "In Transit"
Jeff

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

I think you are entitled to put in a claim

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

Jeff, I would give them another week at the maximum. I've been selling off a few cars lately and have used ALL 3 carriers. Some of my really light parcels (under 1 lb) have gone USPS parcel post and the heavier go Priority. Ironically, some of the parcel post have arrived before the Priority pieces.

I know the 'in transit' status which is very frustrating as we all like to see progress. But some have suddenly appeared delivered a few weeks after initial ETA.

I agree, the USPS is NOT reliable for the weights mentioned above. However, unless one goes about 2 lbs. or more, Fedex and UPS are not cost effective without passing on the difference to the customer. Anything over 2 lbs has gone with the other 2 carriers and have been on schedule.

Hope this helps and I hope you get your cars, if not, I know you'll get your money back. Happy New Year my friend :)
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

I suspect that since the unit was shipped and there is tracking info the credit card company will ultimately reject the claim against the seller (they did their part). I think your only recourse may be to file a claim with the Postal Service. I've been waiting for over a month for a package that is "in transit" from Germany. If it shows up, it shows up. If not, c'est la vie.

Jager

Post by Jager »

We all know Christmas, winter and the virus has played havoc with deliveries everywhere. At the end of the day, its just a few models cars that will turn up eventually..... it's not like your Christmas present to your 5 year old daughter didn't arrive in time for the 25th December.

I've seen parcels take up to two months to arrive during 2020. It is what it is.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

Normally I would say to go hard on betting satisfaction, however as I had a package turn up 2 days ago that I purchased back in early May, I guess there is a new normal these days :?
Martin

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

As so many of you have said, it did eventually turn up. Even though the tracking did nit indicate anything was happening it did appear last evening around 8PM.

Very frustrating and lesson learned. If the seller is using the USPS I will not be buying.
Jeff

dcast

Post by dcast »

Sometimes it has happened for me too here in Finland. Tracking has not been updated, and the parcel seems to be stuck in sorting, or is in transit, but then suddenly have gotten a SMS/e-mail that the parcel can be picked up from post office, or from "Smart Post box".
Never happened though with parcels ordered from Germany, as they send them to be delivered to my door, so luckily the tracking code has worked every time so far.

IFHP

Post by IFHP »

Jeff,

I'm glad that your package finally arrived. I am also experiencing longer then expected delivery times and very vague tracking status on international deliveries. I had all but given upon my latest Sierra ordered from a seller in Spain as the USPS website told me that the package was "untrackable", but it showed up after six weeks -- which is about twice as long as normal. But it showed up which is the important part.
Collector of 1:43 Scale Fords

ImageHighway Scene by Michael, on Flickr