what's Up with American Excellence?

Listing of Retailer sites and sales
IFHP

what's Up with American Excellence?

Post by IFHP »

I'm wondering what is going on with American Excellence. They have had a big sales going on for weeks now, but they have hardly anything in stock.

https://www.american-excellence.com/

For example, when I checked today they only had two Ford models in stock!
Collector of 1:43 Scale Fords

ImageAmerican in Paris, 1958 by Michael, on Flickr

Johnny_Bravo

Re: what's Up with American Excellence?

Post by Johnny_Bravo »

from what i know, american excellence is the name under which neo sold their american models in the US...didn t see a new one in years, i am guessing they ve abandoned that and anyways they didn t realease many novelties lately especially americanas...the stocks are empty on those for a while now...

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

Johnny_Bravo wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:28 am
from what i know, american excellence is the name under which neo sold their american models in the US...didn t see a new one in years, i am guessing they ve abandoned that and anyways they didn t realease many novelties lately especially americanas...the stocks are empty on those for a while now...
I think Michael is talking about the retailer.
Jeff

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

IFHP wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:17 am
I'm wondering what is going on with American Excellence. They have had a big sales going on for weeks now, but they have hardly anything in stock.

https://www.american-excellence.com/

For example, when I checked today they only had two Ford models in stock!
Michael, I'm a longtime and formerly very active customer from their US-based website and have checked it every week for years, especially on Sunday when they announce their new sales.

My guess is they're winding down to cease US operations? Don't quote me on that, just my hunch. I say this as they haven't shown 'new releases' for close to 2 months and they used to update that section daily. And I think they're down to under 150 model cars in stock :shock:

They were a once great source for those of us in the US and they had some incredible sales back in 2016 to 2018. Bought many $35 NEO :shock: The only downside I will mention is that their customer service was non-existent if there was a problem, and I had many most due to inadequate packaging.
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser »

There was a discussion about this on scale18 a few weeks ago. They way I read it, they're winding down their US operation (as Brooks surmised).

http://www.scale18.com/cgi-bin/page/msg ... num=452100

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

That is a shame, I have bought a number of cars from them.
Jeff

IFHP

Post by IFHP »

I'll miss them too, but not as much as I would have a few years ago. While Model Car World and then American Excellence were very important in helping me establish my collection, in more recent years I've only shopped their sales (and loved those $35.00 Neos). More recently there just wasn't that much new product that interested me and I had acquired most of the older pieces that I was interested in.

Still sorry to see them go though.
Collector of 1:43 Scale Fords

ImageAmerican in Paris, 1958 by Michael, on Flickr

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

IFHP wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 am
I'll miss them too, but not as much as I would have a few years ago. While Model Car World and then American Excellence were very important in helping me establish my collection, in more recent years I've only shopped their sales (and loved those $35.00 Neos). More recently there just wasn't that much new product that interested me and I had acquired most of the older pieces that I was interested in.

Still sorry to see them go though.
Michael, with your interest/theme so heavily on one brand, have your found that your purchases are now much less frequent?
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House