Peako Model - Anyone deal with them?

Listing of Retailer sites and sales
protzenegger

Peako Model - Anyone deal with them?

Post by protzenegger » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Been thinking to get my hands on one of their Zonda F models, and if I go through them direclty I'm looking at $199 with shipping from HK. Seems a little steep, and I've seen a few better deals on eBay, but mostly not for the color I want, and from sellers with a few too many negative/neutral hits against their feedback for my taste.

So I'm wondering if the extra expense of buying direct is worth it. I've never bought a Peako model before - are any of you guys familiar with their QC and how supportive they might be if I buy direct and something is amiss? I'd imagine a model that's limited to 30 pieces worldwide would need to be top-notch. How's their customer service?

Thanks!
Alex
"It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability." -Bruce McLaren

protzenegger

Re: Peako Model - Anyone deal with them?

Post by protzenegger » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Update: Decided to buy the model from Mondo Model Cars. Saved about $12 on top of a likely foreign transaction fee since Peako is in HK and has no PayPal option. Didn't like that Peako doesn't even list a street address. High profile be damned, I need to know I have recourse if something goes wrong.

Helps that there's the whole buyer protection thing on eBay, too. Seen enough stories here about support-seeking collectors getting the silent treatment from manufacturers. I've bought from Mondo before and didn't have issues with them.

Here's hoping everything turns out OK! Will post pics when it gets here.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Mondo Model Cars is a very good shop. I bought from them last year when I was in Italy on vacation. Great prices, great variety and great communication. Highly recommended!

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 am

I second Bruno's comment. I've bought a couple of models from Mondo Model cars via ebay and had no issues with them at all. The items have arrived in a timely manner and are always well packed.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:47 am

Although I have not bought from Peako I did ask them a question about their McLarens via email and got a quick response. Some race models were diecast metal and road cars were resin, neither material had been mentioned on their website at that time.

protzenegger

Post by protzenegger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Stu935 wrote:I second Bruno's comment. I've bought a couple of models from Mondo Model cars via ebay and had no issues with them at all. The items have arrived in a timely manner and are always well packed.
Let's hope the shipping is quick - they took 4 business days to send the thing out, can't recall if they were this slow last time. I recall their packing is quite good though, so I'm not too worried about that. The only thing left now is to see if Peako is worth the money. Sure looked that way from the pics!