The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Listing of Retailer sites and sales
Post Reply
sheepCrusher
Posts: 5514
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by sheepCrusher » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:19 pm

thetrooper wrote:I seen this and thought it really cheap for what it is. I know there are some Brumos fans on here. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-911-G ... 53f252066d

The seller seems to have a lot of bargains. I've read he's a good seller as well from members on another forum that use him a lot.

I was excited until I saw his HIDDEOUS shipping rates to the USA. $45 :o :o :o :x
The dog wet on the picnic basket!

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 27150
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Absurd shipping rates! :o

...and, it seems to be a widespread practise at eBay! :evil:
-Julio-

Image

k1w1taxi
Posts: 3696
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Hamilton, Shakey Isles

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by k1w1taxi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

Perhaps this partly explains it.
Item location: 72131 Ofterdingen, GER, United Kingdom
Another practice I detest on the Bay!

Cheers
Lee

sheepCrusher
Posts: 5514
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by sheepCrusher » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 am

Sure, I get it about trying to avoid fees, but $45 is craycray. Should be mabye £5.
The dog wet on the picnic basket!

rotormotor
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: Wellington ~ New Zealand

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by rotormotor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 am

guitardave_1 wrote:Lars, I will try to break it down...

1. Open square bracket
2. Type 'URL=' and paste in the link (no spaces)
3. Close square bracket
4. Type the words you want to be 'blue'
5. Finish with /URL set within another pair of square brackets

Hope that makes sense. Difficult to give an example without it getting confusing!
Confused, entirely. I can't even get past step #1 [ ] or do you mean using [*] above??

maybe a longer break down tutorial via PM and I can pass on the love to others 8-)

closing soon but
spark mazda rx500's

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181064667060 ... 1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181064101227 ... 1423.l2649

Hpi mazda 787B #55

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330857893270 ... 1423.l2649
Lars

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9476
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by guitardave_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 am

Let me try a different approach.

Here is an example linking to my site, I have used curved brackets where they should be square.

(URL=www.davesdiecasts.com)Dave's Diecasts(/URL)

Here is what happens if I make them square

Dave's Diecasts
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

rotormotor
Posts: 3479
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: Wellington ~ New Zealand

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by rotormotor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 am

Lars

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9476
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by guitardave_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 am

Yay!

Why didn't I do that the first time?!

Hardly worth a tutorial thread on its own, but maybe I could make a little 'forum tips' one including this and other things like quoting posts etc.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 42777
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by JSB33 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 am

guitardave_1 wrote:Yay!

Why didn't I do that the first time?!

Hardly worth a tutorial thread on its own, but maybe I could make a little 'forum tips' one including this and other things like quoting posts etc.
That would be great!
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 42777
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by JSB33 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 am

Nice price on a nice Matchbox Pickup.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180937473336?ss ... 1423.l2649
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9476
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by guitardave_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 am

JSB33 wrote:
guitardave_1 wrote:Hardly worth a tutorial thread on its own, but maybe I could make a little 'forum tips' one including this and other things like quoting posts etc.
That would be great!
I'm on it Jeff. I will create it in the "News, Games and Site Support" forum. When you come across it, could you give it a sticky, or even pin it permanently if you see fit :)
Last edited by guitardave_1 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 27150
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm

JSB33 wrote:Nice price on a nice Matchbox Pickup.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180937473336?ss ... 1423.l2649
...tempting! :?
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7957
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by thetrooper » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:26 pm

sheepCrusher wrote:
thetrooper wrote:I seen this and thought it really cheap for what it is. I know there are some Brumos fans on here. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-911-G ... 53f252066d

The seller seems to have a lot of bargains. I've read he's a good seller as well from members on another forum that use him a lot.

I was excited until I saw his HIDDEOUS shipping rates to the USA. $45 :o :o :o :x
You could get someone in the UK to buy it then post it on to you. I would do it for you but I'm skint at the moment. If you really want it I would do it if no one else would do it.
Steve

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9476
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by guitardave_1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm

I will always ship from UK sellers for members abroad if required.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

k1w1taxi
Posts: 3696
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Hamilton, Shakey Isles

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by k1w1taxi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:51 am

guitardave_1 wrote:Let me try a different approach.

Here is an example linking to my site, I have used curved brackets where they should be square.

(URL=www.davesdiecasts.com)Dave's Diecasts(/URL)

Here is what happens if I make them square

Dave's Diecasts
Easy enough explained that way, now how do you add one more wrinkle that I like - getting it to open in a new tab?

Cheers
Lee

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9476
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by guitardave_1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:28 am

k1w1taxi wrote:
guitardave_1 wrote:Let me try a different approach.

Here is an example linking to my site, I have used curved brackets where they should be square.

(URL=www.davesdiecasts.com)Dave's Diecasts(/URL)

Here is what happens if I make them square

Dave's Diecasts
Easy enough explained that way, now how do you add one more wrinkle that I like - getting it to open in a new tab?

Cheers
Lee
I don't know of a way to embed that instruction in the link. Might just have to right click the link and choose open in new tab. Alternatively, on a PC, you can hold down Ctrl whilst you click the link in the normal way.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
dbonser
Site Admin
Posts: 6949
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by dbonser » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 am

You can do it with Javascript (sort of) but there is no way to embed Javascript in the URL tag. The reason I say sort of is that it depends on the user's browser settings as well.

User avatar
Arvid
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 am
Location: Turkey

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by Arvid » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 pm

this may be someone's holy grail I am sure

and it is cheap like hell!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bizzarrini-5300 ... a3d43#shId
~~Murat~~

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 42777
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by JSB33 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:41 pm

I have the Bizza, its a great model and that is a very cheap price.
Image
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 27150
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

...tempting... :?
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
GarageOnAWall
Posts: 6790
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Florida

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by GarageOnAWall » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:13 pm

DeadCanDanceR wrote:...tempting... :?
Go for it Julio! This is a bargain! I've owned this model since it's release in 2004 or 2005. Really surprised these don't trade for bigger money :? Guess the brand is just not that well known?

If I didn't already have it...same goes for that bargain you got on the blue one!

I'd love to see this go to Mexico :)

BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 27150
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:31 pm

GarageOnAWall wrote:
DeadCanDanceR wrote:...tempting... :?
Go for it Julio! This is a bargain! I've owned this model since it's release in 2004 or 2005. Really surprised these don't trade for bigger money :? Guess the brand is just not that well known?

If I didn't already have it...same goes for that bargain you got on the blue one!

I'd love to see this go to Mexico :)

BB
Thanks for your advice, BB! ;)

I've placed my bid!
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
Arvid
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 am
Location: Turkey

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by Arvid » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:31 pm

If nobody buys it I will as a second car:)

I remember waited 1 year searching for this:)
~~Murat~~

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 27150
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: The "I found a steal on eBay that I dont want" thread

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Arvid wrote:If nobody buys it I will as a second car:)

I remember waited 1 year searching for this:)
We posted at the same time...
-Julio-

Image

Post Reply