Less a tip, more a plea for help

For special skills and tip to make collecting better
reeft1

Less a tip, more a plea for help

Post by reeft1 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Can anyone tell me if a Klingon cloaking device for model boxes exist so I can deny having too many and taking up too much space in the loft?

Galaxy Gaz

Re: Less a tip, more a plea for help

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Sun May 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Paul , I have the easiest solution in the world to sort that out for you .........send them to me :lol:

My collection looked exactly like that for about 5 years until I decided to bite the bullet and get my cabinets up .
:flag_gb: Gary

Porsche.....For when you cant say "I`m better than you" in person

LUW

Post by LUW » Sun May 13, 2018 1:52 pm

All of mine are in big plastic garbage bags tucked under the roof, out of sight and easily retrievable. In fact, this morning I hauled two bags up there.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

reeft1

Post by reeft1 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Galaxy Gaz wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:24 pm
Paul , I have the easiest solution in the world to sort that out for you .........send them to me :lol:

My collection looked exactly like that for about 5 years until I decided to bite the bullet and get my cabinets up .
All the cars are in the cabinets Gary. I was just having a pruning session and was having to weather the scathing looks as i lugged boxes up and down from the loft

dcast

Post by dcast » Sun May 13, 2018 2:53 pm

This is one reason I keep my models inside their original boxes because otherwise they'd take double amount of space, first the model itself (in a display) and then it's package (in storage). I'm having space problems even this way.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun May 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Sometimes being single comes in handy.

LUW

Post by LUW » Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Just don't forget that it can also make you stay single.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Jager

Post by Jager » Sun May 13, 2018 8:14 pm

I think many of us have this issue.

I've recently been re-sorting and organising my collection and have moved away from large storage crates because it became too hard to find anything. Instead, I found some 450mm x 300mm x 140mm boxes which fix quite well with number of cars from each Le Mans year, so I now store the cars year by year.

This is my "1972" box. I can fit about 20 - 25 modes in each box depending on the brand and the size of their cases. This is where Spark is great, but Redline, Looksmart and the Minichamps display boxes are annoying.

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon May 14, 2018 2:42 am

LUW wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 pm
Just don't forget that it can also make you stay single.
I'm happy with that.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 am

Spa day/work day. The mice(or mouse) will play while the cat is away enjoying a Spa day ;)
Jeff
ImageImage

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 am

Holy moly, that's a lot of model cases! How many are there in those boxes? I can't think of a better idea than having specific furniture to store them, like Ian's idea. You could even keep those plastic boxes because they can be bundled together one inside the other and they are good for transportation.

Featherless_Biped

Post by Featherless_Biped » Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am

My models are removed from their boxes. The boxes are then stored in cardboard moving boxes in the attic where there is plenty of room.

It might look like chaos, but each moving box is numbered. The location of any individual model box is listed on a spread sheet so that I can find it if I want to sell the model. (No the attic doesn't leak. The plastic sheet protects against dust and condensation in my unheated attic. :oops: )

Ian has the right idea with his smaller storage boxes. Finding a specific model box in those large boxes of mine often requires removing 25 model boxes or so because the one I'm looking for is on the bottom. :x

Paul's plastic storage bins would be an upgrade to my system since they are more weather-proof than cardboard boxes.

RT

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon May 14, 2018 10:03 am

My 'system' is to chuck 'em randomly in removal boxes. Pretty much geared against ever finding anything again.

reeft1

Post by reeft1 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Serafa wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 am
Holy moly, that's a lot of model cases! How many are there in those boxes? I can't think of a better idea than having specific furniture to store them, like Ian's idea. You could even keep those plastic boxes because they can be bundled together one inside the other and they are good for transportation.

I’m sure there are only 4 or maybe 5 in each plastic storage box....... honest.......