Almost Real Pagani Huayra Roadster

andor88

Almost Real Pagani Huayra Roadster

Post by andor88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi guys! Has anybody managed to attach the roof that comes with the model? The whole model is so "AutoArt"-ish, and I was expecting an easy fit, as in the case of the Koenigsegg CCX. But it wasn't the case, and it looks badly designed from the start. It doesn't really follow the curvature of the windscreen. I managed to force in the two slots, but then it does not touch on the back side. If i start from the back, than I can't fit in the slots. I got so angry I forgot to take pictures, but I'm curious if it is just a problem of my model, or its general.

LUW

Re: Almost Real Pagani Huayra Roadster

Post by LUW » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:48 am

Pics would help...
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

andor88

Post by andor88 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:05 am

Ok, so here are some pictures. Otherwise, the model is allright:

But when it comes to fitting the roof, when it's in on a side it's not on the other:

If I force them in the slots on both sides it stays like this (and if i force it more it would just break that thing over the windshield):

The closest to fitting, but then it doesn't sit well in the front:

So I'm sorry, but Almost Real, you're a dissapointment.

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:32 am

Maybe it's not meant to be fixed, just display it alongside the car..
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

andor88

Post by andor88 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 am

The guys from modelissimo managed to fit it, so I guess my model is faulty. https://www.modelissimo.de/Modellautos/ ... 450302.php

Anyway, when you're asking 100 euros for a model you should do it right, from design to the final product. I wouldn't have complained if it came without a roof, then I've probably would have went with the Peako version. Knowing that Almost Real aims the former buyers of AutoArt 1/43 models I expected to be something like the Koenigsegg CCX. They did well with the model, too bad they screwed the roof. :(

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:49 am

If it were me I'd take a file to it, but then again I pretty much live to void warranties. :twisted:

andor88

Post by andor88 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:28 pm

I brought it from a guy in France, best offer was accepted, I paid below the launch price. Box was sealed, so I don't suspect that he sold it because of this issue. So no invoice, no official store, and that rounds it up. In the end it's the law of large numbers, when you buy a lot, a fault like this happens eventually.

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm

andor88 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:28 pm
I brought it from a guy in France, best offer was accepted, I paid below the launch price. Box was sealed, so I don't suspect that he sold it because of this issue. So no invoice, no official store, and that rounds it up. In the end it's the law of large numbers, when you buy a lot, a fault like this happens eventually.
That's true. I've often had to do a little fix here and there. Even if they are returnable I prefer to repair them if I can. Judging from the photos it seems a tiny bit of filing on those front pins might fix the issue.

LUW

Post by LUW » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:46 pm

If (IF) the problems are the tabs, I would file them down. The roof doesn't have to sit securely in place, since you're not going to play with it. If you can put the roof on and it looks okay on the shelf, I would be happy with it.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:00 am

Is the body resin or diecast metal?

andor88

Post by andor88 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:12 pm

The body is diecast.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Thank you. I do not have a Huayra Roadster yet so will look out for one of these AR versions, at the right price of course.