Honda CRX 1989 white with stock wheels

AdamYip

Honda CRX 1989 white with stock wheels

Post by AdamYip » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:08 am

The CRX was one of my favourite Honda. I was delighted when Maxichamps released a white one, but the wheels looked a bit odd. I preferred the stock wheels so I did a wheel swap with my older Minichamps black CRX.

ImageDSC00865 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC00866 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC00868 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC00869 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC00870 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC00871 by Adam Yip

The black CRX got the newer wheels and looked good too!

ImageDSC00872 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC00873 by Adam Yip

Cheers,
Adam

rotormotor

Re: Honda CRX 1989 white with stock wheels

Post by rotormotor » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:13 am

These were quite popular on our kiwi roads along with the RS Subaru Legacy back in the day..heavily modded in Australia.
Lars

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:13 am

These things were everywhere when I was college age in the US. Will never forget riding in the back of a friends 1st gen version (yes, I was the 3rd person in a 2 seat car). He must have been doing about 90 MPH on a local freeway in mid-day traffic. One of those how did I get past age 18 moments :roll: Hopefully I've gotten a little smarter with age :P BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

dcast

Post by dcast » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Nice wheel swap, both cars looks great with these wheels :)
GarageOnAWall wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:13 am
These things were everywhere when I was college age in the US. Will never forget riding in the back of a friends 1st gen version (yes, I was the 3rd person in a 2 seat car). He must have been doing about 90 MPH on a local freeway in mid-day traffic. One of those how did I get past age 18 moments :roll: Hopefully I've gotten a little smarter with age :P BB
When I was 18, was riding once in friends '89 Civic Hatchback, the same generation as this CRX but Hatchback. He drove a bit careless in city traffic and almost rear ended the car in front of us but managed to stop before collision. Unfortunately Peugeot 309 behind us didn't stop that fast so it actually crashed in the rear of our Civic. Quite a jolt even it was just a city traffic speed.
Seems like a global phenomena, Honda Civic / CRX and young men driving dangerously :P

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 pm

dcast wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 pm
Nice wheel swap, both cars looks great with these wheels :)
GarageOnAWall wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:13 am
When I was 18, was riding once in friends '89 Civic Hatchback, the same generation as this CRX but Hatchback. He drove a bit careless in city traffic and almost rear ended the car in front of us but managed to stop before collision. Unfortunately Peugeot 309 behind us didn't stop that fast so it actually crashed in the rear of our Civic. Quite a jolt even it was just a city traffic speed.
Seems like a global phenomena, Honda Civic / CRX and young men driving dangerously :P
That's a great (at least in retrospect) story ;) I suppose there those not so lucky and perhaps a reason you almost never see one of these anymore? I frequent a classic 1:1 website called BringATrailer and whenever a CRX appears everybody of a certain age goes all nostalgic. In fact, they do for almost any Honda of this era. My 'dream' old Honda product would be a perfectly stock & mint 1991-1995 Acura Legend Coupe,sort of a poor man's BMW 635 or M-B 560 SEC? At the very least, it would be a great 1:43 or 1:18? Anybody listening in resinland? BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 am

I'd like to see the 2nd generation Acura Legend being made in 1/43 too, either in sedan or coupe. I remembered that my parents lent a 1991 Acura Legend from a friend for a week before we bought our own car and it was amazing. The coupe looked even better. I guess we might expect Mark 43 to produce the Japanese version Honda Legend in the future, as they have been making some 80's and 90's Honda's recently. It would be great if they also made the 1st generation Legend sedan and coupe too!

Cheers,
Adam