Isuzu Piazza Handling by Lotus

AdamYip

Isuzu Piazza Handling by Lotus

Post by AdamYip » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 am

I remembered this car back in the 80's and this one should be the final version with the handling by Lotus and the special BBS wheels. A nice model car by Norev.

ImageDSC01233 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01234 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01235 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01236 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01237 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01238 by Adam Yip

Cheers,
Adam

Jager

Re: Isuzu Piazza Handling by Lotus

Post by Jager » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks for the memories Adam. We got these in Australia rebadged as Holden Piazza's, but I haven't seen one for years.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am

A timeless design Adam. Hard to believe this car was launched (concept at least) nearly 40 years ago. What a testament to great design by Giugiaro. Many will note the similarity of shape/proportion to the Mk. II Scirocco and I say this Japanese car is the better looker (sorry Andy :) .

I have this in silver replicating the Asso Di Fiori concept, also by Norev. Would love to add one like yours Adam. Great addition as always 8-) BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm

GarageOnAWall wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am
Many will note the similarity of shape/proportion to the Mk. II Scirocco and I say this Japanese car is the better looker (sorry Andy :) .
There is much to admire in the Piazza shape wise BB. I'll give you that ;) :lol:
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Attractive car but I must say that, lookswise, I prefer the earlier version which is purer, less fussy.

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 am

scalainj wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm
GarageOnAWall wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am
Many will note the similarity of shape/proportion to the Mk. II Scirocco and I say this Japanese car is the better looker (sorry Andy :) .
There is much to admire in the Piazza shape wise BB. I'll give you that ;) :lol:
Hi Andy, this was a great test to see if you're reading the fine print :lol: No doubt your implication is most correct for the VW's mechanical prowess over the Impulse. I'm not so sure one can even find basic mechanical parts for the Impulse in 2018 :? I'm always a nostalgic fool for brands no longer sold in the US, hence my further fascination with this car...and the lovely Lotus badging on the later versions only stirred the pot a little more. BB

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:27 am

I also remember these and remember having a fondness for it. I agree with brooks in that it is very reminiscent of a VW.
Jeff
ImageImage

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 am

I've also got the Asso Di Fiori concept which came in the same shipment.

ImageDSC01239 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01240 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01241 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01242 by Adam Yip

ImageDSC01244 by Adam Yip

Cheers,
Adam

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:19 am

That's THE one Adam! Acutally think your black version looks better 8-) I recently learned that 1:1's came not only tweaked by Lotus but could be had in special 'Irmscher' tuning guise as well. What elegant cars for the masses, where are they all today :? BB

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:33 pm

I've got the silver concept by Diapet. Bought it new in May '87. Very elegant shape.

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm

I recalled this car recently from an 80's TV show. One of the character drove a gunmetal Piazza and it looked really good after all these years. I agreed that it does look a bit like the MK2 VW Scirocco. The Piazza seems to be a car that was forgotten, as we don't see them much on the road anymore. Another car that came up to mind would be the Subaru SVX from the 90's. I just loved the looks of the SVX.

Cheers,
Adam

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:45 pm

AdamYip wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm
I recalled this car recently from an 80's TV show. One of the character drove a gunmetal Piazza and it looked really good after all these years. I agreed that it does look a bit like the MK2 VW Scirocco. The Piazza seems to be a car that was forgotten, as we don't see them much on the road anymore. Another car that came up to mind would be the Subaru SVX from the 90's. I just loved the looks of the SVX.

Cheers,
Adam
Always fun to see old cars as 'new cars' in old TV shows 8-) So you like the SVX / Alcyone? It too was penned by Giugiaro's studio. Very unusual design but not as cohesive as the Piazza to these eyes. Another overlooked 80's Japanese performance car I admire is the Mitsubishi Starion, both flared and unflared version. I have one in black from DSIM,I highly recommend 8-) BB

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:03 pm

A lovely looking car! One of the last Giugiaro creations that I truly liked! ;)
-Julio-

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 pm

GarageOnAWall wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:45 pm
AdamYip wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Cheers,
Adam
Always fun to see old cars as 'new cars' in old TV shows 8-) So you like the SVX / Alcyone? It too was penned by Giugiaro's studio. Very unusual design but not as cohesive as the Piazza to these eyes. Another overlooked 80's Japanese performance car I admire is the Mitsubishi Starion, both flared and unflared version. I have one in black from DSIM,I highly recommend 8-) BB
I loved the Starion too! I recalled seeing Jackie Chan drove one in one of his older Hong Kong movies back in the 80's, as Mitsubishi was his sponsor at the time (noticed that he drives different Mitsubishi's in most of his movies at the time).

Cheers,
Adam