Drag Racing is Far Out

Tom

Re: Drag Racing is Far Out

Post by Tom »

That turned out cool!

Alex_W

The HITMAN

Post by Alex_W »

The AA/FA with the Hispano-Suiza body is finished (save for one little surprise to come later). I've named it "HITMAN" and tried to do the graphics in the spirit of a 1960's era car. Most of the graphics I printed myself. The lettering on the wing is Microscale. The "392" is fry transfers that were applied to clear decal paper and then clear coated and applied as water slide decals (its the only way I could get them on straight :oops: ).

Tom

Post by Tom »

Great job, hard to believe what it started out as!

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

Tom wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:19 am
Great job, hard to believe what it started out as!
Thanks. I have a lot of fun with these.

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

I made a change or two. Added the stork and removed the guns. I don't like too many focal points. More details in the "Handbuilt" thread.

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. »

Marvellous! Surely the most flamboyant Hispano-Suiza ever! Are the front-wheels photo-etched? I don't know, have you ever posted a photo with the whole bunch of fancy dragsters you've already made?

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

Jean B. wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:01 pm
Marvellous! Surely the most flamboyant Hispano-Suiza ever! Are the front-wheels photo-etched? I don't know, have you ever posted a photo with the whole bunch of fancy dragsters you've already made?

No I haven't. But I will. Dragsters are "geil" (serious badass). And AA/FA are just plain frightening (leider geil?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tYxDsXmjcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qikn-ryMVJU

You had to be crazy to drive one of these things. They were so loud you would lose your balance. 1/4 mile; 6 seconds; 240mph. Squirrely as hell. God have mercy!

And they are true hot rods. Straight up and no excuses. My dad said that AA/FA's were "Death on a Cracker". 'Nuff said. :twisted:

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

And a number of them had a real backyard construction way to them. I remember seeing some that I would be afraid to drive on the highway let alone at 200+.
Same for a lot of the early oval track cars. Scary stuff.
Jeff