Cry for help!

Jager

Re: Cry for help!

Post by Jager » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:40 am

Considering this is an area well outside your usual expertise you've done a fabulous job Jean. I trust the client was suitably impressed ?
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Tom wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:35 pm
Amazing build, looks spot on to me!
Thanks a lot :P ! It was quite an experience, and I'm very lucky that it's now finished :)
Jager wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:40 am
Considering this is an area well outside your usual expertise you've done a fabulous job Jean. I trust the client was suitably impressed ?
Thanks, yes, my client waited to unwrap the car until her birthday a couple of days ago. Meanwhile I got her response and I guess she's happy with the car :)

The boxed car with a translucent background picture.

That's all, folks :P !

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:48 pm

A result you can be proud of, even more so because it's far out of your comfort zone.

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 am

Another high volume applause for the job, Jean! Very neat presentation, too!

Just to make this clear - your customer is a lady and it was for herself? (I mean she is a model collector?) That is a rarity in our small world!!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:24 am

Finished car looks like a factory produced model which is a compliment! The finished car is a relatively basic looking model which belies all the hard work you put into it. Nice work Jean.

Jager

Post by Jager » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am

Paulius43 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 am
Just to make this clear - your customer is a lady and it was for herself? (I mean she is a model collector?) That is a rarity in our small world!!
I wondered that too? Interesting.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Tom wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:48 pm
A result you can be proud of, even more so because it's far out of your comfort zone.
Thank you :P Well, it's no comfortable car, I guess... :D
Paulius43 wrote:
Another high volume applause for the job, Jean! Very neat presentation, too! Just to make this clear - your customer is a lady and it was for herself? (I mean she is a model collector?) That is a rarity in our small world!!
There are "signs and miracles" - as we say in Germany :D Yes, the car is for a lady, she seems to be crazy for Ralf Schumacher and collects all model cars related to his career, autographs, pictures and so on...
BertOne wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:24 am
Finished car looks like a factory produced model which is a compliment! The finished car is a relatively basic looking model which belies all the hard work you put into it. Nice work Jean.
Thank you so much! This caused some gray hair, but "what doesn't kill us, makes us harder" :D
Jager wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am
Paulius43 wrote:
I wondered that too? Interesting.
As I said above, it's likely that she's in love with Ralf, rather than with model cars... ;)