Tom

Re: Drag Racing is Far Out

Post by Tom »

Looks great already!

Alex_W

Jenna say...

Post by Alex_W »

..."kwa".

I don't know why she say "kwa" but when I told my wife that I thought the Citron model I was building was missing something, I just couldn't put my finger on what it might be, my wife told me that Jenna say "kwa" (which I found odd because my wife generally uses excellent grammar).

Not wanting to appear ignorant, I just nodded my head in agreement and replied "exactly".

Since I have no idea what a kwa is or how to build one in 1/43 scale I decided to go with a big friggin' wing instead.

I don't recall meeting this Jenna women. She must be from my wife's side of the family.
Last edited by Alex_W on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Yes, it needs that. Absolutely.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

When in doubt, add more wing.
Jeff

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

What we have here is the "8 Ball" Citroen 2CV AA/FA. It's a Hemi powered "open" altered sponsored by Chubb's Pool & Snooker out of Thibodaux, LA. (Chubb's graphics will go on the back door as soon as I find the right font).

Chubb's is owned and operated by Luther Chubb, nephew of Beauregard Chubb (aka Uncle Bud) who was renowned for the size of his "endowment" and for beatin' the devil out of "Cotton-Eyed" Joe Milsap over a dispute about alligator skins that Joe's brother Antoine Jefferson "Doc" Milsap and his son Amos Moses Milsap had poached in the bayou. That was eighteen or nineteen, maybe twenty years ago and they say time heals all wounds, so you can see that AJ's is now a sponsor on the car.

I challenge all of you to find the Easter eggs in this post.

Ok, I went down the rabbit hole on this one. So sue me.

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

aj's, now thats a name I haven't heard since my slot car days back in the sixties! :D. Nice story! Even nicer job on the model!
Jerry
Old Irish Racing

www.oldirish.com