Women Drivers

StevieSX

Re: Women Drivers

Post by StevieSX »

Kind of a double post as I put this in my other post regarding upgrading race cars but I hadn't realised until halfway through adding the decals that this was an all female team entry. They came 4th overall in the 1996 Spa 24 Hours, essentially behind the 3 other cars in the overall team, all of which were super tourers. They ended up beating out a number of super tourers in their M3 by consistency and clean driving, so a very decent result. They obviously came top of their class also.

It should really be a 2 door but I didn't notice until it was beyond the point of no return on decal application and it's not really going to be that noticeable on the shelf.

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

StevieSX wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:35 am
Kind of a double post as I put this in my other post regarding upgrading race cars but I hadn't realised until halfway through adding the decals that this was an all female team entry. They came 4th overall in the 1996 Spa 24 Hours, essentially behind the 3 other cars in the overall team, all of which were super tourers. They ended up beating out a number of super tourers in their M3 by consistency and clean driving, so a very decent result. They obviously came top of their class also.

It should really be a 2 door but I didn't notice until it was beyond the point of no return on decal application and it's not really going to be that noticeable on the shelf.
Great work StevieSX. I went looking for the original but I think you actually reworked a kit. Definitely a shoo in if I could find one.
Cheers
Stewart

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Collection updated with the addition of Vanina Ickx and Lilian Bryner. I wanted to add the Claudia Hurtgen BMW (Jager again!) but slight problem in that the car came in the wrong box!

eBay negotiations initiated.
Cheers
Stewart

Tom

Post by Tom »

I like that it's a really varied collection of almost any form of automotive competition.

StevieSX

Post by StevieSX »

Stewart Frazer wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:13 pm
Great work StevieSX. I went looking for the original but I think you actually reworked a kit. Definitely a shoo in if I could find one.
Thanks Stewart - it's from a Scenario 43 kit which is pretty hard to find. It's easy enough to find the decals though I think. I put them onto a Racing Replica E36 which was originally a 1993 Ravaglia Italian Touring Car model.

When I posted the pictures to a touring car model group on Facebook, someone else showed their attempt which was on a Minichamps M3, with the same decal set. They haven't changed the wheels yet.

49899628_10156894941621358_5554374087985332224_n.jpg
49629772_10156894941721358_4701045561799737344_n.jpg
49640326_10156894941821358_5783703085071204352_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Tom wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:39 pm
I like that it's a really varied collection of almost any form of automotive competition.
Drag racing is missing! Shirley Muldowney model needed.
Cheers
Stewart

Jager

Post by Jager »

Stewart Frazer wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:31 pm
Collection updated with the addition of Vanina Ickx and Lilian Bryner. I wanted to add the Claudia Hurtgen BMW (Jager again!) but slight problem in that the car came in the wrong box!

eBay negotiations initiated.
That's going to be a tricky one because the auction picture showed it was in the wrong box.

If it doesn't work out, there is a relatively cheap one in Hong Kong with a correct Minichamps box:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384312862966
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Thanks Ian, I’m just hoping they might still have the right box.
Cheers
Stewart

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Arrived recently and added to the collection today

Betty Haig

Amanda Stretton

Cheers
Stewart

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Liz Halliday

Just bought this one on eBay

She had quite a good full season which could have been better without the retirements.
A worthy addition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Halliday-Sharp

This is one of the few American women drivers for whom I have been able to find models. No Janet Guthrie!?
Suggestions welcomed, or for any other countrywomen (Australian?)
Cheers
Stewart

Jager

Post by Jager »

Stewart Frazer wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:20 am
This is one of the few American women drivers for whom I have been able to find models. No Janet Guthrie!?
Suggestions welcomed, or for any other countrywomen (Australian?)
Funny you should mention Janet Guthrie, I was thinking about her the other day in relation to your collection. As far as I can tell, the only model of her's made anywhere is an Australian model of the Holden Torana she drove at Bathurst in 1977. Unfortunately it is only available in a two car set.

Another two car set from Australia is this 2009 Bathurst set, featuring the #333 car of Leanne Tander, wife of Australian Touring Car Champion Garth Tander, with a special breast cancer foundation livery:

Finally, Apex did this model of the 2018 Nissan Supercar driven in Australia by Swiss-Italian racing driver Simona de Silvestri, but it is super-rare

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-43-APEX-NISS ... 3122211559

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

“ Finally, Apex did this model of the 2018 Nissan Supercar driven in Australia by Swiss-Italian racing driver Simona de Silvestri, but it is super-rare”

Thanks Ian. As you probably know the Silvestro car is available on eBay right now but at £140! I’m hoping something else of hers will turn up. It’s weird that the only Janet Guthrie car is of an Australian race given her success in the States. I had the same problem with Danica Patrick. I guess they don’t appreciate their own female talent over that side of the pond (cue outrage from Jeff, Alex et al).

I had looked before for Leanne Tander with no success but I do have a Joan Richmond 1935 MG to build.
Last edited by Stewart Frazer on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Stewart

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Katherine Legge

Thinking about this one and others like it.
Cheers
Stewart

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Cheers
Stewart

Jager

Post by Jager »

As a slight diversion Stewart, I though these 1:43 female drivers might be of interest to you for some of your cars:

https://www.sportgoodies.fr/shop/en/fig ... e-143.html

https://www.sportgoodies.fr/shop/en/fig ... e-143.html

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Thanks Ian but perhaps not!
Cheers
Stewart

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

I expect Jager uses this website as I do to research women drivers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... ng_drivers
Cheers
Stewart

Jager

Post by Jager »

Stewart Frazer wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:04 pm
I expect Jager uses this website as I do to research women drivers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... ng_drivers
I actually prefer the ‘Speedqueens’ blog, but that’s pretty good too.

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

StevieSX wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:35 am

I followed up on Stevie’s post and discovered that Yolanda Surer had appeared in Playboy which brightened up my research!
Thanks for that.
Cheers
Stewart

Jager

Post by Jager »

Each to their own Stewart ;). But if that’s your thing, I’m sure you’ll want to do some "research" into the new career of Australian V8 Supercar and Bathurst driver Renee Gracie :shock: .

There’s no official model of her 2016 Bathurst drive that she shared with Simona de Silvestro, but someone has produced this Code 3 model which is on eBay at the moment.

It will be interesting to see what this sells for. Current bidding is well below the asking price for the 'official' Silvestro series car, but I can see it selling for a similar amount:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185182165749

StevieSX

Post by StevieSX »

Stewart Frazer wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:59 am
I followed up on Stevie’s post and discovered that Yolanda Surer had appeared in Playboy which brightened up my research!
Thanks for that.
That sort of cross over (not necessarily Playboy but modelling) is not that uncommon for well known female drivers I think.

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

Jager wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:54 pm
Each to their own Stewart ;). But if that’s your thing, I’m sure you’ll want to do some "research" into the new career of Australian V8 Supercar and Bathurst driver Renee Gracie :shock: .

There’s no official model of her 2016 Bathurst drive that she shared with Simone de Silvestro, but someone has produced this Code 3 model which is on eBay at the moment.

It will be interesting to see what this sells for. Current bidding is well below the asking price for the 'official' Silvestro series car, but I can see it selling for a similar amount:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185182165749
Thanks Ian. I have both those drivers on my “saved searches” but it didn’t show up because I guess the seller hadn’t chosen to list it much outside Australia. Contacted him and he will ship to UK. Put a bid in to activate it, not enough, but will bid strongly tomorrow. Auction finishes around 09:00 GMT, very civilised.
Cheers
Stewart

StevieSX

Post by StevieSX »

Jager wrote:
After reviewing this, I would personally say that one of the two comes across as somewhat more classy the other.

Stewart Frazer

Post by Stewart Frazer »

StevieSX wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 am
Jager wrote:
After reviewing this, I would personally say that one of the two comes across as somewhat more classy the other.
Absolutely! Lovely tattoos!
Cheers
Stewart