bmw M1 - minichamps

Johnny_Bravo

bmw M1 - minichamps

Post by Johnny_Bravo »

part of the " 25 jahre bmw M1 " set, along with the street version, this is in my opinion one of the most beautiful racing cars made. the details are excelent, the shape of the car is well done. the paint and the decals are also in their place, basicly nothing to comment on this one except that is my favourite racecar....

DeadCanDanceR

Re: bmw M1 - minichamps

Post by DeadCanDanceR »

Awesome! :o
-Julio-

RaceOddity
Location: I come from the land of ice and snow....or Calgary,Canada if you prefer.

Post by RaceOddity »

DeadCanDanceR wrote:Awesome! :o
I echo my eloquent friend! Awesome. Such a nice car and a great model as well. :D

Scott

k1w1taxi

Post by k1w1taxi »

Verrrry Nice! Two points of particular interest. The wheels are absolutely outstanding, and the windscreen banner with naughty words :)

Cheers
Lee

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Thats a great model. I really like the MC dealer M1 sets myself and this is a fine example

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.
Road investment is so poor around here that instead of driving on the left, we get to drive on what's left

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo »

i like the minichamps sets too, i have 2 actually, also bmw, the one with 6 series, one 635 csi and the 645 coupe but the M1 is my favourite.
k1w, i noticed the naughty words just now and for a couple of seconds i wondered why you call them this.....then browsed around in rally cars and i saw what you mean....i do not agree with that.....a marlboro branded car looks horrible when changed the sponsor with somenthing that just looks like marlboro....i have a bmw M3 rally who was supposed to be rothmans ....instead is "racing".....

CraigyGT

Post by CraigyGT »

Excellent add , looks very nice.

guitardave_1

Post by guitardave_1 »

Always enjoy seeing these. I fully understand why it's a favourite Claudiu. I've had one on my wishlist for a long time, but it never quite reaches the top. One day...
Click my banner to visit my diecast site

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

I bought the Pironi set as it has the Concorde backdrop in the display box. I also bought the dealer orange road car and various other colours (red, white, dark blue MC and silver and red Gama) apart from that awful dark grey that Minichamps did as a retail job.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

The grey was a dealer edition too - i have it here. Its my favourite of the road car colours ;)

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.
Road investment is so poor around here that instead of driving on the left, we get to drive on what's left

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

Now you mention it Andy, I recall seeing the dark grey in our local BMW dealer's display cabinet. It is a typical Minichamps product planners choice (black, grey, dark green, dark blue, white...) and I still think the colour is awful. Like some of the items on Antiques Roadshow in a few years time it will probably worth a fortune as 'it wasn't a popular colour and they didn't sell many of them' :ugeek: .

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

For some reason this is a car that i prefer the road version. The details on this car make a compelling argument for the race cars.
Would love to see the gray street car.
Jeff

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo »

i also like a lot the road version, from this set( is the one mentioned above with the concorde on the background) mine is red and i got also the chromed version from atlas wich is not bad at all....

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

JSB33 wrote:Would love to see the gray street car.
Here you go

GBOAC002 wrote:Now you mention it Andy, I recall seeing the dark grey in our local BMW dealer's display cabinet. It is a typical Minichamps product planners choice (black, grey, dark green, dark blue, white...) and I still think the colour is awful. Like some of the items on Antiques Roadshow in a few years time it will probably worth a fortune as 'it wasn't a popular colour and they didn't sell many of them' :ugeek: .
It was bloody hard to get hold of one that was for sure. Sourced mine in the US because they are few and far between.

Andy
Andy

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

Thanks for the pic, Andy.
I like it!
Jeff

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR »

That grey M1 is simply gorgeous!!! :)
-Julio-