My Le Mans collection

dannyboy

Re: My Le Mans collection

Post by dannyboy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Stu935 wrote:i really like the look of the 905s, i definately need to add one myself. I'd like to pick up a 91 car, preferably the #6 Keke Roseberg car
Yeah, but has anyone made the 905´s from ´91? I haven´t searched the whole internet for it, but have yet to see it done in 1/43
RaceOddity wrote:Have the overall winner of this year. Always amazed at the cheese graters
they installed during this era... :o
This one is pretty nice a s well.

Scott
Yes, the cheese graters...lol
That is a very substantial rear-wing! I would def. not call this car a beauty, but it has it charms...and they sounded amazing :) Spark´s version made me want this. The details are quite good...

Have another 1993 car on the way. God, soooo many nice cars I want, but alas....
Change your mind, mind your change

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 am

What a shame that HPI are shutting down production of 1/43 cars. Such beauties all of them.
Well, I have wanted this car for a long time and as prices are VERY reasonable for some HPI´s right now, it was time to get it! Also found out that this is my first Japanese car!!! Very, very nice and detailed car from HPI.

The Toyota TS 010, that graced the Le Mans-poster this year (1993). Driven by soon-to-be-very-famous-F1-driver Eddie Irvine (in his second Le Mans), soon-to-be-overall-winner Masanori Sekiya (McLaren F1, 1995) and Suzuki to fourth overall. They started out second on the grid and even lead the race in the second hour, but small mishaps kept them away from top of the charts. A fine 4´th overall after the 3 Peugeots was not what Toyota was hoping for, but what they got. Cool looking car from HPI.

Last edited by dannyboy on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guitardave_1

Post by guitardave_1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:25 pm

These seem to have been very popular in the bargain HPI sales. I am yet to photograph or properly examine mine, but I've admired a couple on the forum recently.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:08 pm

guitardave_1 wrote:These seem to have been very popular in the bargain HPI sales. I am yet to photograph or properly examine mine, but I've admired a couple on the forum recently.
This is an insanely nice car for no money! I love it...from the time when racecars looked different and not all alike.
So what's not to like? :D

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:10 pm

great add with the TS010 Danny, i've picked one of these up recently as the prices have been so good. a fantastic looking model for the money

Jager

Post by Jager » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:41 am

Great add Danny. I'm another who got suckered into buying the HPI Toyota's (all 3 of them) while prices are ridiculously cheap.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

ciprian

Post by ciprian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 am

I like the early 90s Le Mans racers a lot. I've managed to stay away from them until now, but don't know how much I can do that :lol:
"If i can come up with a better mousetrap that is within the regulations, i ought to be allowed to use it" - Jim Hall

The Brink

Post by The Brink » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:29 pm

I found this tread looking for 1:43 scale Le Mans cars on google, and after reading it all, I had to sign up on this forum to be able to congratulate you on your stunning collection!

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:45 am

The Brink wrote:I found this tread looking for 1:43 scale Le Mans cars on google, and after reading it all, I had to sign up on this forum to be able to congratulate you on your stunning collection!
Wow, thanks a lot for your kind words :)
And welcome to this forum, with it's vast amount of "little car-crazed, very nice and helpful" enthusiasts!
My own collection is not the biggest in here, by far, but I'm pretty happy with all my cars. They all represent an important period or happening at Le Mans at some point.....and it's growing steadily.
So keep looking for updates....or just for reference.
This forum can have you drooling in no time...so look around.

Cheers

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:04 am

That looks great!

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:38 pm

One from the newest batch.

Porsche 911 (991) RSR from Le Mans 2013. The GTE PRO-class winner and 15´th overall, driven by former Le Mans-winner Romain Dumas and many times class-winners, Lietz and Lieb. All Porsche stalwarts and they really had to fight hard for this win. The brand new Porsche 991 was managed by Manthey-racing and battled with the Astons all the way to the chequered. A well-prepared car with no hickups brought them the win. Maybe a new era for the Porsche 911? Their first class-win since 2010. Spark.

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:17 pm

another great add danny 8-)

The Brink

Post by The Brink » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm

:o :o :o :o
Envy pure state for me!!!
I'm looking for it too, but I have not found it yet at an acceptable price; all my respect Danny, it's a great add!

PLAYLIFE

Post by PLAYLIFE » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Stu935 wrote:i really like the look of the 905s, i definately need to add one myself. I'd like to pick up a 91 car, preferably the #6 Keke Roseberg car
Unfortunately Spark hasn't made one so it would have to be some other lesser quality producer like this:

Here are my 905s (I have one more)

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Very impressive collection of Peugeots :o

I hope that Spark will make the ones from 1991 one day...

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Sat May 03, 2014 11:50 am

"I think I´m turning japanese, I think I´m turning japanese, I really think so..." ;)

My second japanese car! Why did I acquire this car? Well, it was cheap, cool looking...and the sistercar of a very important Le Mans-winner that very same year, 1991. And the sound of those Mazdas was to die for :shock: I was fortunate enough to hear Johnny Herbert wring max RPM´s out of that rotary-engine some years ago at Le Mans...and what a noise! Fantastic.

This Mazda 787B finished 6´th, right behind and on the same lap as Michael Schumacher´s Sauber Mercedes C11, 7 laps behind its winning sistercar. Only 12 cars finished that year. It qualified as low as 17´th on the grid, but fought its way into top 10 already in the third hour and ran a steady race from thereon. Stefan Johansson, Sala and Kennedy did the driving. Spark.

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:55 am

great add with the Mazda danny 8-)

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Wed May 21, 2014 3:14 am

3 very colourful Porsches coming my way shortly :)

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Sat May 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Going a little further back in time, namely to 1974.
I have always loved the colourful racecars of the 70´s...and needed some for my shelves :D

In 1974, Porsche delivered a brand new 911 RSR for customers. This one became the highest placed customer-Porsche that year. Entered by Porsche Club Romand and driven by Bernard Cheneviére, Dubois and Peter Zbinden. They qualified pretty low in 32´nd spot, but moved up the leaderboards to 5´th place overall in the 11´th hour. A small setback 6 hours later did, that they didn´t end up better than 7´th. Otherwise a beautiful driven race....and a very tasty livery! Spark.

Fancy some chocolate?!?!? ;)
Last edited by dannyboy on Sun May 25, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat May 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Wonderful models! Love all the 911s, including the recent '50 years' version!

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sun May 25, 2014 5:47 am

Very much like that with it's striking livery. And yes i do fancy some chocolate now
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Rat

Post by Rat » Sun May 25, 2014 11:16 am

Excellent chocolate... oh yeah, and a great looking racer. It's on my wishlist now along with another huge Toblerone bar. :mrgreen:

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Tue May 27, 2014 6:25 am

Tom wrote:Wonderful models! Love all the 911s, including the recent '50 years' version!
Thanks Tom. Yeah, me too :)
scalainj wrote:Very much like that with it's striking livery. And yes i do fancy some chocolate now
Sorry (if you are on a diet....haha)
Rat wrote:Excellent chocolate... oh yeah, and a great looking racer. It's on my wishlist now along with another huge Toblerone bar. :mrgreen:
I gained 2 kg. after posting that car... :D

dannyboy

Post by dannyboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Had this in order for ages....and it just came in.

Allan Simonsen´s last race-car. But what a beauty it is in Sparks fine and VERY detailed version. So many little stickers everywhere and other fine details, that I´m really impressed (takes a lot to impress me ;) ). Strangely enough, I have yet to see this car posted elsewhere on this forum.

The polesitting car in the GTE AM-class was to be one of the centerpoints of 2013´s race, as Allan Simonsen crashed the car heavily into an armco barrier only 10 minutes or so into the race. The unfortunate thing was, that approx. 30 cm behind the armco, was a tree, so Allan died of internal bleedings from all that g-force he was submitted to. I remember watching it and thinking that he was ofcourse ok. You see so many crashes like this or worse...and the driver walks away without a bruise. But when we didn´t hear any news about him for more than 2-3 hours, I knew it was bad. I know that racing is a dangerous sport and drivers can die from what they are doing, but after the news of his death, I just had a very strange Le Mans. Feeling sad inside.
The car itself started from 36´th position, even out-qualifying GTE PRO-cars, but as you all know, finished to race way too early. I´m hoping that the danish crew and drivers will take revenge this year and win the class and show that "Danish Dynamite" (just in memory of Allan). Christoffer Nygaard and Kristian Poulsen were the co-drivers. Spark.

RIP Allan
And thanks to Spark for making this car!
Last edited by dannyboy on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.