50 Favourite Le Mans Cars

thetrooper

Re: 50 Favourite Le Mans Cars

Post by thetrooper » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:11 am

Me too!!!

(including Mr. Cunningham's trip to the dark side...)[/quote]

I can't remember if you had that set made up or if you bought it as it is, either way it looks terrific 8-)
Steve

RaceOddity
Location: I come from the land of ice and snow....or Calgary,Canada if you prefer.

Post by RaceOddity » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 am

thetrooper wrote:Me too!!!

(including Mr. Cunningham's trip to the dark side...)
I can't remember if you had that set made up or if you bought it as it is, either way it looks terrific 8-)[/quote]

I just took the models and put them on a display base I bought. Trying to remember who made the case..... :roll:
they were on clearout and I got several for cheeeep. Won't see those again any time soon.

Scott

1950gordini

Post by 1950gordini » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:25 am

stewil wrote:Hi 1950gordini,
Question: The third pix contains a 1949 Talbot #6 and the #11 Nash Healey. Both caught my eye immediately. What model brands are they? Hand-builts? Did you build them?
1949 Talbot was a built up Renaissance kit and the Nash Healy was produced by Bizarre Models. Hope that helps.
I finally get to say hello sir! I'm prejudiced. Your thread is my favorite because of the subject matter.
I vaguely heard of Renaissance so I need to search around. The Bizarre Hash Healey jogged my memory. I remeber now that it was offered. It's as rare as the proverbial "hen's tooth". I've seen it offered only once and the bidding soared. Many of the Bizarre pieces are rare. I did manage to get some mid-1950s Bristols and Allards when they were issued. My biggest disappointment was missing out on a special edition Delage LM racer from the late 1930s. I saw it when offered; I saw the price and didn't like it; I didn't realize it was a limited edition....oh well!

Jager

Post by Jager » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:47 am

I thought this thread was worth giving a bump for some of the newbies. Head back to page 1 and enjoy.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

LUW

Post by LUW » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 am

Holy crap... Image
I just perceived that I'm gonna need a loooot of money.
And more display shelves.
And more walls.
And a lot of explaining to do.

This is not going to be simple.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage Image

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

LM24HRS

Post by LM24HRS » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Ian, I'm glad you have pushed this tread up the listings I had not seen it previously. There are some excellent displays in here which I :mrgreen: over, especially some of the Derek Bell Porsches! Cabin and Shell come to mind.
Paul - "Collecting Motorsport in Miniature; for the passion and its history".