Ford GT40 Mark IV

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:07 am

Hello,

What are the going prices for Ford GT40 Mark IV IXO's? I specifically mean Le Mans cars 2, 3 & 4. They are not listed on ebay.

I did find one though, but that's hella expensive. Is that the going rate?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-43-IXO-MODE ... fresh=true

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 39611
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by JSB33 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:41 am

Please baby Jesus, let this be the going rate :lol:

I would think $20-$40 should be the price, maybe they have become scarce and expensive?
Jeff
ImageImage

GBOAC002
Posts: 7674
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Surrey, UK.

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by GBOAC002 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:21 am

Decimal point in the wrong place again? Seems 'out of kilter' or doesn't bear much relationship pricewise with everything else that seller is showing in their listings.

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:29 am

What about this Exoto GT40 trailer!? what's a good price to buy it for!?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exoto-43-1966 ... RTM1793412

User avatar
jj2728
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by jj2728 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 pm

No way is a 1/43 IXO Ford worth that. If that were the case then I'd be sitting on a gold mine because I have all of them.....As was stated, between $20/40 U.S. is more like it.
I don't know about the EXOTO hauler, but that seems a bit far fetched too.

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 39611
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by JSB33 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:55 am

I don't know what the transporters are selling for now but I don't see it being worth that kind of money. I paid $200 for mine.
It seems anything GT40 is shooting thru the roof right now.

Image

Image

Like I said before, I hope the IXO prices are legit as I am heavily invested :lol:
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:18 am

JSB33 wrote:I don't know what the transporters are selling for now but I don't see it being worth that kind of money. I paid $200 for mine.
It seems anything GT40 is shooting thru the roof right now.

Image

Image

Like I said before, I hope the IXO prices are legit as I am heavily invested :lol:

What's your whole collection of the GT40, JSB33? I'm going after everything. :ugeek:

The 1967 Mark IV-s #2, #3 and #4 seem to be hardest to find. Sad thing is I once bought the #4 car, but the seller didn't ship it - he found it broken up on inspection.

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 39611
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by JSB33 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:26 am

All of the IXO, and a bunch (but not all) of Bizarre and I think one Spark and one M/C.
Finding everything will be an epic search.
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7929
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by thetrooper » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:16 am

Sell them all and have an early retirement ;) :lol:
Steve

User avatar
jj2728
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by jj2728 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:12 am

thetrooper wrote:Sell them all and have an early retirement ;) :lol:
You and me both.
The MKIVs do seem to be the hardest to find and it's been that way for some time now.

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:11 pm

JSB33 wrote:All of the IXO, and a bunch (but not all) of Bizarre and I think one Spark and one M/C.
Finding everything will be an epic search.
You got these babies from IXO as well?

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 39611
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by JSB33 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Passed on the presentation car because of it having no history and will be getting the MKIIB's before the end of the year.
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7929
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by thetrooper » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:14 pm

The presentation car looks really good and I like the shape. Is it an easy/affordable model to find? If it is I may have to keep a look out for it ;)
Steve

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:58 am

thetrooper wrote:The presentation car looks really good and I like the shape. Is it an easy/affordable model to find? If it is I may have to keep a look out for it ;)
Yeah, its available on ebay.

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 9721
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by Jager » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Note that when you do eventually get them, the stripes on the #3 and #4 IXO Mk IV's are incorrect.

The stripes on these cars shouldonly be on the lower part of the bonnet and there were no stripes on the upper part from the duct opening to the windscreen. Ony the #1 and #2 cars had the stripes on this part of the bonnet.

Image

The easiest way to fix this is apply sticky tape over the stripe. Rub it several times to ensure a good bond, leave it for a couple of minutes and then remove. You'll find this will take 99% of the stripe decal with it and you can remove any excess with a sharp blade.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Jager wrote:Note that when you do eventually get them, the stripes on the #3 and #4 IXO Mk IV's are incorrect.

The stripes on these cars shouldonly be on the lower part of the bonnet and there were no stripes on the upper part from the duct opening to the windscreen. Ony the #1 and #2 cars had the stripes on this part of the bonnet.

Image

The easiest way to fix this is apply sticky tape over the stripe. Rub it several times to ensure a good bond, leave it for a couple of minutes and then remove. You'll find this will take 99% of the stripe decal with it and you can remove any excess with a sharp blade.

Jesus, thanks Ian. Thanks a lot.


I absolutely love this picture. Too bad the #57 car has only been made by Bang. I've done some research on the matter and the only Le Mans GT40's not produced by IXO/Bizarre/Spark are the following five models*:

1) 1967 #18
2) 1967 #57
3) 1967 #62
4) 1969 #8
5) 1969 #9

The last two are in Spark's 2014 catalogue so they will surely be out soonish. The 1) and 3) I've seen listed as Bizarre future releases. So I would guess they will be out in 2015 by Spark. I have actually no info on 2), but I suspect it will also be 2015.

*EDIT: the exception to this list is of course the 1968 #12 car that's been done by Altaya.
Last edited by PLAYLIFE on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:40 pm

JSB33 wrote:Passed on the presentation car because of it having no history and will be getting the MKIIB's before the end of the year.
FYI, I just ran through ebay searching for:

IXO FORD -altaya -ESCORT -mirage -gtm050 -gtm074 -gtm073 -daytona -FOCUS -RS200 -FIESTA -SIERRA -taxi -CROWN -TAUNUS -BOND -MUSTANG -GRANADA -VEDETTE -CAPRI -ANGLIA -furious


The cheapest place to buy the two GT40's at the moment is actually from IXO offical store at 28 euros a pop (shipping is free)

carcollector
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 pm
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by carcollector » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:06 am

PLAYLIFE wrote:
JSB33 wrote:I don't know what the transporters are selling for now but I don't see it being worth that kind of money. I paid $200 for mine.
It seems anything GT40 is shooting thru the roof right now.

Image

Image

Like I said before, I hope the IXO prices are legit as I am heavily invested :lol:

What's your whole collection of the GT40, JSB33? I'm going after everything. :ugeek:

The 1967 Mark IV-s #2, #3 and #4 seem to be hardest to find. Sad thing is I once bought the #4 car, but the seller didn't ship it - he found it broken up on inspection.
Congrats for that superb Collection! :D

User avatar
69Stang
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:02 am
Location: Southern US

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by 69Stang » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:34 am

What great information guys! I love the education I can learn from hanging around here, I never noticed the strip issue for example. And I also love that pic!! Jeff, you already knew I was crazy about your collection so I wont boar you with the detail again!!!
Racecar spelled backwards is STILL Racecar!

User avatar
jj2728
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by jj2728 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 am

Ok, what am I missing here. According to the listing the car sold for $224.00........just does not sound right.

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:14 pm

jj2728 wrote:Ok, what am I missing here. According to the listing the car sold for $224.00........just does not sound right.
I bought the model for an undisclosed amount.

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:35 pm

In a bizarre twist of events it looks like I've managed to procure all the Mark IV Fords. So in about a week I've managed to purchase almost all of the GT40 models produced by Spark/Bizarre/IXO/Altaya. Just three more models to acquire, but there is no rush with them as they are freely available:

1) Spark 1965 Daytona winner
2) Spark 1968 Le Mans #10
3) Spark 1968 Le Mans #11

User avatar
PLAYLIFE
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by PLAYLIFE » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 pm


User avatar
jj2728
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Ford GT40 Mark IV

Post by jj2728 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:49 pm

PLAYLIFE wrote:
jj2728 wrote:Ok, what am I missing here. According to the listing the car sold for $224.00........just does not sound right.
I bought the model for an undisclosed amount.
Under $200.00?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest