More Good news for SPARK collectors

News, Rumors and Gossip
jag1954

More Good news for SPARK collectors

Post by jag1954 »

https://www.grandprixmodels.com/tagged/ ... px92Sf-fHE

A pleasant surprise in that SPARK are re-releasing the '66 Le Mans winning Ford MKIIs. Given the success of Ford vs. Ferrari I rather figured that it was inevitable that they would do so.

Jager

Re: More Good news for SPARK collectors

Post by Jager »

With the link to the movie that makes sense (though they are 3 months too late ;) ).

Rather than releasing them individually, I think there there was a missed opportunity to re-release them as a 3 car presentation set that re-created the famous "photo finish" similar to some of the Minichamps finishline sets:

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

jag1954

Post by jag1954 »

Good point Ian. I've dealt with a company in the states: https://www.displaycasej.com/ that could easily make a very nice case for the 3 cars. It would also be easy enough to have a nice photo background and engraved plaque made. You've given me food for thought...... :idea:

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

I agree, they could make it really special without trying that hard.
Jeff

jag1954

Post by jag1954 »

Looks like LOOKSMART is jumping on the bandwagon as they are re-releasing the REDLINE '66 Le Mans Ferrari 330P3s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jager

Post by Jager »

Is this also linked to the Ford vs Ferrari hype?

While it's good for collectors who missed out the first time around, I'd prefer to see Looksmart focus on the many Ferrari's that haven't been modelled....especially the 512's.

RaceOddity
Location: I come from the land of ice and snow....or Calgary,Canada if you prefer.

Post by RaceOddity »

Sign me up for the 512's NART had a couple and there were a bundle of good looking ones.
Has anyone but Brumm done them way back when?
Although I will get a 330 since I was one who missed them when the 1st go round happened.

Scott

jag1954

Post by jag1954 »

RaceOddity wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 pm
Sign me up for the 512's NART had a couple and there were a bundle of good looking ones.
Has anyone but Brumm done them way back when?
Although I will get a 330 since I was one who missed them when the 1st go round happened.

Scott
BRUMM is very hit miss when it comes to their line up. The 1971 312PB series was quite good for the money as were the 1970 312B F1s. The 512s and the 1967 P4s are not worth the money spent though. The only decent P4s are those made by MAKE UP and they don't come cheap if you can find them at all.

Jager

Post by Jager »

Just in case you missed it Scott, Looksmart did release the 1971 Le Mans NART #12 Ferrari 512M of Sam Posey and Tony Adamowicz that finished 3rd back in 2016. The code was LSLM019. They also released the #11 Sunoco car (LSLM020), but despite announcing other versions, its strange that 4 years later we still haven't seen them.

Serafa

Post by Serafa »

I couldn't find Spark's history original topic so here goes a link to a story about how Spark was born:

https://www.fortylaps.com/visite-spark- ... Ckywh0QzUY
Follow me on Instagram @brimportcollection

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Great article