Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Tom

Post by Tom »

I have been eyeing that but decided to stick to 1:43. This makes a strong case against, though... excellent, voluptuous beauty.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

Excellent rendition in 1/18. This reminds me I've got an Ochre Yellow 1:43 Minichamps version in my Italian collection.
Last edited by GBOAC002 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

David MG

Post by David MG »

That is droolworthy. Wot a stunner, just needs staples down the middle!
Cheers,
David

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

The most beautiful Fiat ever? Discuss.

I don’t want to like 1:18s but you are not helping with beauties like this :x
Martin

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

That Fiat Dino is superb!
Jerry
Old Irish Racing

www.oldirish.com

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:55 am
I have been eyeing that but decided to stick to 1:43. This makes a strong case against, though... excellent, voluptuous beauty.
I couldn't pass this by. It's an extremely attractive car that as a model i think works better in 1/18
GBOAC002 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:33 am
Excellent rendition in 1/18. This reminds me I've got an Ochre Yellow 1:43 Minichamps version in my Italian collection.
It is a superb rendition i agree. Likewise i have the MC 1/43rd but as above i think this car works better in 1/18
David MG wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:35 am
That is droolworthy. Wot a stunner, just needs staples down the middle!
Stunner is the word David. I'll pass on the staples
Alfaholic wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:20 am
The most beautiful Fiat ever? Discuss.

I don’t want to like 1:18s but you are not helping with beauties like this :x
It's right up there Martin.
This car i do think deserves a good 1/18 and fortunately Cult have helped out
oldirish33 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 pm
That Fiat Dino is superb!
Couldn't agree more Jerry
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

For Jeff ;)

In 2015 Bugatti created a one off concept under the Vision Gran Turismo project for the Gran Turismo video game series however they went one step further and built it using a Chiron pre-production chassis. Utilising the familiar quad turbo W16 developing the best part of 1500hp and of course all wheel drive plus the latest in aero technology from LMP & DTM it is estimated the car would reach 278 mph flat out.
Originally purchased by a Saudi Prince the car is currently owned by the CEO of the American retailer Tillys though you can drive it if you wish if you have the Gran Turismo sport game.

Autoart - Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Cutting edge of ICE technology right now and very impressive. I'm with Jeff on the visual aspect here though, but the model is superb.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

Stunner and quite a 'Statement Piece'! especially in 1:18. Can't imagine the 1:1 being any more than a 'Garage Queen' with an occasional airlift to the factory for an expensive once over every now and again.

dcast

Post by dcast »

I remember I didn't much care about the "unrealistic" Vision Gran Turismo games in GT6 but then they started making some of them as real cars, so had to think again what to think about them :P Haven't played Gran Turismo 6 for a while now, might have to fire up my PS3 to see if this car is there or is it only in the newest GT Sport game for PS4. I don't have PS4, instead I bought the Xbox One for this current generation videogame console.

At the very least, that's an excellent model :)

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:49 am
Cutting edge of ICE technology right now and very impressive. I'm with Jeff on the visual aspect here though, but the model is superb.
Impressive is the word Tom. Both in looks (for me anyway) and the technology and engineering involved.
Doubt we'll see many or possibly any more like it
GBOAC002 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:18 am
Stunner and quite a 'Statement Piece'! especially in 1:18. Can't imagine the 1:1 being any more than a 'Garage Queen' with an occasional airlift to the factory for an expensive once over every now and again.
Very much a statement piece Ian thanks. I think it's fantastic and what i think LMP1 should be
Absolutely this will live in an air-conditioned garage and will very rarely venture out let alone out in anger
dcast wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:35 am
I remember I didn't much care about the "unrealistic" Vision Gran Turismo games in GT6 but then they started making some of them as real cars, so had to think again what to think about them :P Haven't played Gran Turismo 6 for a while now, might have to fire up my PS3 to see if this car is there or is it only in the newest GT Sport game for PS4. I don't have PS4, instead I bought the Xbox One for this current generation videogame console.

At the very least, that's an excellent model :)
Cheers
That's my take too. If they exist and run in reality then i'm interested. If they are just pixels then no interest from me
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

TWR began working with BL in 1982 after preparing the Dakar winning Range Rover that year and would ultimately go onto to win Le Mans and the WSC for Jaguar. Initially however the team was focused around touring cars with both the Jaguar XJ-S and Rover Vitesse being prepared and run by TWR the former in the ETCC and the latter in the BTCC taking the championship in 1983 & 1984 although the former was later rescinded. With Jaguar concentrating on Group C from 1985, the Rover Vitesse became the TWR car for the ETCC as well and the season got off to a fine start with a 1-2-3 finish at the opener in Monza and a 1st & 3rd at the second round at Vallelunga before they came to Britain for the third round at Donington.
TWR entered 3 Vitesses for the race, with No.1 being in the hands of Tom Walkinshaw & Win Percy who put it on pole but would slip back to third during the race running on a tyre saving strategy that would come good seeing them take the win by 1 lap after 160 laps with the other two team cars following a lap behind in 2nd and 3rd.

Minichamps - Rover Vitesse - 1985 Donington 500 ETCC - T.Walkinshaw & W.Percy - 1st
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom »

What a great model. Always a little strange to see an SD1 racer (not what I'd associate with it), but it looks fantastic.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

I have a strange fascination for these Group A Rovers, and this is a pearler.
Martin

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

There is a Win Percy helmet coming up for auction soon that would make a nice companion piece to that car! :D. Lovely, like Martin I have always liked these Rovers as well. Great add!
Jerry
Old Irish Racing

www.oldirish.com

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:49 am
What a great model. Always a little strange to see an SD1 racer (not what I'd associate with it), but it looks fantastic.
I agree Tom, it is a great model.
Not your average racer but I remember these and was a big fan which i suspect was something to do with Dad buying one in 78
Alfaholic wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:15 am
I have a strange fascination for these Group A Rovers, and this is a pearler.
You are not alone Martin in that. I do too
oldirish33 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:37 am
There is a Win Percy helmet coming up for auction soon that would make a nice companion piece to that car! :D. Lovely, like Martin I have always liked these Rovers as well. Great add!
Yes it would though i can imagine it will not be cheap
Thanks Jerry
Andy