NEO Miscues

Find a model with an issue? Post your findings here.
superbird77

Re: NEO Miscues

Post by superbird77 »

I'm nitpicking here but Neo should turn around arrows on the wheels on the left side of BB Porsche 930. :)

But otherwise the details on the model are fantastic and pretty accurate to original car. They have even replicated the blue speakers above the rear seats which I find pretty cool. And it is one of those models that looks much better in hands than in pictures.

Does anyone know a model that replicates correctly different left and right side wheels?
Tomaz

superbird77

Post by superbird77 »

Even more interesting, I noticed the similar wheel orientation "issue" on Treser Hunter I have received in the same package.

Wheels should be directional but Neo only made one direction.
Tomaz

Tom

Post by Tom »

You are right. That is a great model though.

Jager

Post by Jager »

superbird77 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 pm
I'm nitpicking here but Neo should turn around arrows on the wheels on the left side of BB Porsche 930. :)
I don't think its nitpicking at all. These are expensive models and if they'd got it right at the design stage it wouldn't cost them anything extra to produce a correct model.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

superbird77

Post by superbird77 »

Jager wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:47 pm
I don't think its nitpicking at all. These are expensive models and if they'd got it right at the design stage it wouldn't cost them anything extra to produce a correct model.
I agree. These little details can make or break a model. Especially the expensive ones as you say.

Sometimes it seems that manufacturers hurry to put out as much models as possible but they do not take enough time for the research.
Tomaz

Tom

Post by Tom »

That annoys me too, most makers seem to either google a few pics and make an incorrect model from those or base the model on a modified car. Unfortunately, lots of models are wrong in some way.

dcast

Post by dcast »

Tom wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:41 pm
That annoys me too, most makers seem to either google a few pics and make an incorrect model from those or base the model on a modified car. Unfortunately, lots of models are wrong in some way.
Additionally,I suppose they must get a license from the actual car manufacturer, who should have the best knowledge of the details in their cars but still there are models with errors in them.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Or they don't care, or the people signing off on the models don't know much about the real cars.

Marcellix

Post by Marcellix »

Tom wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:23 am
Or they don't care, or the people signing off on the models don't know much about the real cars.
Or the people 'signing off on the models' are sometimes just as frustrated by the factory not getting all the details as they want them to be, and accept after several development steps that this will be as good as it gets. At least, that's what I've been told by a modelmaker from an other brand.

k1w1taxi

Post by k1w1taxi »

dcast wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:01 am
Tom wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:41 pm
Additionally,I suppose they must get a license from the actual car manufacturer, who should have the best knowledge of the details in their cars but still there are models with errors in them.
Problem with that is that a lot of the manufacturers outsource their licencing to a legal firm who only car about one thing, and it ain't accuracy.

Cheers
Lee

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

Even with CAD-CAM data it is sometimes ventured that with reduction to 1:43 scale proportions make the model look not quite right and so have to be tweaked. Slim roofs and window openings for example? As for cosmetic details which might define different trim levels of a car in a 1:1 manufacturer's range, surely those are less difficult to get right.